Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
farial
farial began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cant upload PRC files on Kindle

When i create a new pcr file using PDFreader most of the time i cant move them to the kindle document folder.....

...it says the archive is not there anymore (but it is, i can cleary see it in my desktop) its some kind of pathing issue, it starts to upload then it suddenly stops and give the error msg. The archive is even created in the kindle folder (but is incompletely transfered) i am using windows vista.

Also after it cant find the file Vista keeps restarting and cheking kindle memory for erros (similar to what you would get when wrongly removing a pendrive)

I can move PRC files into kindle with no problem if they are created by other programs (like Mobipocket creator)

No idea whats happening... please help!

The msg I got is : "error 0x800703EE";

This also even happened when i tried to download a prc book from this site and move it to my kindle documents folder.

farial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do the files you create with PDFRead open with MobiPocket Reader?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Are you sure PDFReader is done processing it. Sounds to me like possibly to file was still being written to.. when you try to copy it to your Kindle.

Also, sounds like you are doing a "move" and not a copy.

You should be able to copy any file to your Kindle. It is just a storage device as far as your PC is concerned. Heck, you could copy a .doc or an .xls to it and that will happen fine. Of course, the kindle can read/display either of those file types.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
farial

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Do the files you create with PDFRead open with MobiPocket Reader?
Yes, when i use mobipocket reader they are perfect. When i try to send them to kindle (via send with right click or via send with mobireader, or via copy & paste) it always start to copy then i get an error msg indicating that the file is not on the indicated path anymore.

Very frustating!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
farial

"You should be able to copy any file to your Kindle."

Or so i thought!

"Are you sure PDFReader is done processing it. Sounds to me like possibly to file was still being written to."

Dont matter how much i wait or if i push any key for the DOS to close or not. buti do agree that the "feel" is that the program is still reading the file, but thats not the case (so long as i can tell that is)

Also fails with copy & paste. Fails when i try to send it via right clik of the mouse to the kindle. Fails when i move them manually.

Last edited by farial; 11-02-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Is PDFReader closed when you try to send the .prc file to the Kindle?
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
farial

"Is PDFReader closed when you try to send the .prc file to the Kindle? "

Yes. By now i tried hundreds of configurations. All programs opened, all closed, reset the Kindle via switch, formatted kindle, reset kindle via menu.

Tried to change the .prc file to other formats, tried to put then into a folder then uploading them, tried to zip them...etc...

Suprisingly a couple of those things unreliably worked once or twice then problem came back again, they ddint worked the first time i tried them....just random worked them stopped working again....

Last edited by farial; 11-02-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just for the heck of it what about "converting" the PRC using Calibre and using the results of that?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
farial

I attached the archive I produced with pdfread. See if anyone can upload it to your Kindle.

Mine seems to think its too much of a burden.......

<<copyright file removed by moderator>>

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-03-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
farial

"Just for the heck of it what about "converting" the PRC using Calibre and using the results of that?"

I tried to install Calibre, couldnt. Some problem with the folder (bad database location even if i use the recommended directory)

I used paper crop and then mobi creator to convert the new resized pdf to prc...same thing happened, it just wont recognize the pathing....

3 days fighting with this.....

Last edited by farial; 11-02-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by farial View Post
Yes, when i use mobipocket reader they are perfect. When i try to send them to kindle (via send with right click or via send with mobireader, or via copy & paste) it always start to copy then i get an error msg indicating that the file is not on the indicated path anymore.

Very frustating!
MobiPocket Reader does not send ebooks to the "documents" folder on the Kindle. It creates a folder called "ebooks" and sends them there.

Try to drag and drop the prc files to the "documents" folder yourself via Windows Explorer.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine a K2, but it loads/reads OK on there although there's a blank page between each of the pages of text.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
farial

"MobiPocket Reader does not send ebooks to the "documents" folder on the Kindle. It creates a folder called "ebooks" and sends them there."

True, but it cant do that either. It does create the folder (ebooks) and starts copying the file just to stop in the middle of the process (file is still readable on the first couple of pages then glitches) and then the pathing error comes.

Try to drag and drop the prc files to the "documents" folder yourself via Windows Explorer.

Tried that dozens of times, while once inside kindle i can drag and drop them i only have a partial file (couple of pages) from when the upload stopped.

"Mine a K2, but it loads/reads OK on there although there's a blank page between each of the pages of text. "

Well then it either must be a problem with my kindle or with my OS or OS configuration.... (i am using Vista)
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Don't know if this will help or not. I didn't spend much time with it, but here's a PRC that I made by taking the PRC apart with ebook-convert (part of Calibre) and then just assembling the images in Mobi Creator real quick. It's missing your "title page", but the article images are there. Mobi2Html from MobiPerl should do a similar disassembly if Calibre won't work (Calibre got a new installer recently, don't know how long ago you tried to install).

BTW, I'm on Vista too.

<<copyright file removed by moderator>>

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-03-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
farial

Your file uploaded with no problems the first time.....just after i download it.

Then i deleted it (in Kindle while keeping it on the desktop) and re started my computer just to make sure things were really working.

Soon as i booted the comp and tried to move the EXACT same file to kindle without opening any programs, it gives me the pathing issue again!

Maddenning!