Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #166
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While please to get back $20, I'd be very much more pleased if they'd realise that some people outside the US would like the option to buy books without paying $2+VAT for the wireless download

I'd be happy to pay a separate $2+VAT for wireless download if I decided the convenience was worth it. But I object to $2+VAT being added to the cost of every book in the UK store.
This is my main problem with the Kindle... Until this doesn't happen anymore (particularly now that there's a Kindle wifi-only) then I'm not getting one
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #167
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabc View Post
This is my main problem with the Kindle... Until this doesn't happen anymore (particularly now that there's a Kindle wifi-only) then I'm not getting one
In the UK the $2 per-book fee is no more, and has been gone for a few months.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #168
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
In the UK the $2 per-book fee is no more, and has been gone for a few months.
I heard but where I am the "fee" is still there...
I'm moving to Spain soon, does anyone know if the "fee" is still applied at the Spain Kindle store?
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 AM   #169
sorinxdx
sorinxdx began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
The Kindle wi fi at $139 looks like such a bargain. I'm definitely about to push the preorder button. But I do have 2 questions for European users.

1. Did you pay any extra fees at the customs? I remember getting some us electronics some time ago and I payed more than half of the cost in fees. Once again, the question is for EU users.

2. How is pdf reading on the kindle? The sole purpose for this reader will be to read pdf. My irex iliad died on me and now I need an alternative. Can I safely buy this just for reading pdf. 'm looking to just drop them from my pc to the kindle. No conversion or anything. Is it still a viable solution in this case?

Thanks,
sorinxdx

Last edited by sorinxdx; 07-30-2010 at 02:07 AM.
sorinxdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #170
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@sorinxdx: The import/customs fee is added at checkout. It will probably vary depending on your country's VAT rate. (ie. it's ~ 40$ here for the 3G one).

Note that, for me at least, the import fees are completely crazy on the official covers, but YMMV . (It's completely fine with the Kindle in itself, though ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert