Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can find some freaky stuff on clipart....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	donut freaks.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	27835  
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #32
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...ughnut,FF.html

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chocolate/...led-doughnuts/

http://www.grouprecipes.com/25586/ch...-bakenuts.html

Hummm, a bakers dozen days until May 2nd...

Much testing to be done.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #33
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Mmmm - tough choice here...
Freshly cooked doughnuts filled with raspberry jam
or
Freshly cooked ring doughnuts topped with cinnamon sugar
or a plateful of what I know as petit beignets(*) (small ball doughnuts with no filling), covered in sugar of some sort...

(*I have no idea if that's the correct term - it's what a French teacher(**) at school called them, and it stuck)
(** A teacher who taught the French language, rather than a teacher who was French)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Mmmm - tough choice here...
Freshly cooked doughnuts filled with raspberry jam
or
Freshly cooked ring doughnuts topped with cinnamon sugar
or a plateful of what I know as petit beignets(*) (small ball doughnuts with no filling), covered in sugar of some sort...

(*I have no idea if that's the correct term - it's what a French teacher(**) at school called them, and it stuck)
(** A teacher who taught the French language, rather than a teacher who was French)
mmmm, beignets...

actually beignets can have filling. sometimes it's cream, sometimes it's fruit of some kind.

now i want beignets.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #35
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We call gthose little donut balls "donut holes."
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
At the Farmer's Markets down at the footy oval every Sunday, there's a stand that makes, on-the-spot, "organic" donuts (I don't really care about the "organic", but they do). Anyway, these aren't rolled by machine, but my hand, making them a really rough-and-tumble affair, size of a bagel, but a surface quite hacked-at but which therefore catches an enormous amount of the cinnamon sugar they're rolled in straight out of the fryer. Warm, melty, sweet-sweet-sweet and yummy, they're enough to give me a migraine within about 15 minutes, but it's worth it.

Okay, so the 2nd May is a Saturday, but when it's Sunday here it'll still be the 2nd somewhere in the world, so I'm in.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #37
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
mmmm, beignets...

actually beignets can have filling. sometimes it's cream, sometimes it's fruit of some kind.

now i want beignets.
Beignets were brought to Louisiana by the Acadians. These were fried fritters, sometimes filled with fruit. Today, the beignet is a square piece of dough, fried and covered with powdered sugar. They are served in orders of three.

Beignets at the Café du Monde in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beignet-Cafe-DuMonde.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	27843  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #38
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There was a little donut shop near where I lived in grad school in Boston that made a yeast (i.e.: not a cake donut) with maple icing. It was the best donut I can remember.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Beignets were brought to Louisiana by the Acadians. These were fried fritters, sometimes filled with fruit. Today, the beignet is a square piece of dough, fried and covered with powdered sugar. They are served in orders of three.

Mmmmmm... Café du Monde.... arrrrgglgglllll!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #40
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
There was a little donut shop near where I lived in grad school in Boston that made a yeast (i.e.: not a cake donut) with maple icing. It was the best donut I can remember.
Oooohhh, those are soo good. They are really light and with just the right amount of crispiness on the outside. And just about anything with maple syrup is good. I'll have to find a way to import them.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #41
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
mmmm, beignets...

now i want beignets.
Me too. And I can't eat sweet things right now
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #42
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Oh! I loved beignets at Cafe du Monde! My girlfriends and I took a trip to New Orleans for our 40th birthdays! That was seven years ago, before Katrina devastated the area. Brings back fond memories and made turning 40 not so bad!

I remember that the beignets reminded me of something my grandma from Italy always made called sphinges (sp?) pronounced spheengees). I think that is Italian for little turkeys or chickens, though I'm not sure about that-- it was a long time ago. because that is what they looked like after dropping spoonfuls of batter into the deep fryer. It was fun to watch as they formed into their crazy little shapes and even better when they were covered with powdered sugar and eaten right away!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #43
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Do they make bacon doughnuts?

Okay VR, this one is for you -- bacon maple donuts

http://www.baconunwrapped.com/2007/1...-doughnut.html
Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #44
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Okay VR, this one is for you -- bacon maple donuts

http://www.baconunwrapped.com/2007/1...-doughnut.html
Voodoo Donuts was awesome. Yes, they did have a bacon-maple-donut.

I think Uncle Duke needs to make a road trip there.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #45
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Voodoo Donuts was awesome. Yes, they did have a bacon-maple-donut.

I think Uncle Duke needs to make a road trip there.
I wish we had good donuts in Scotland, I suppose a transatlantic - cross country trip to Portland is too far to travel just for a donut. (or maybe not...)

Tags
glace au four