Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
rick98761
rick98761 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
kindle 2 in bright sun

Just wondering if this is normal. I was just got a kindle 2, been working great. I took a trip down to Florida and was reading out on the beach. I hit next page once and the type seemed very faded. Come to find out, if I am in very bright sunlight when i hit next page it will come out faded. If I have half the screen in a shadow that half comes out fine. It was easy to workaround, just make sure it have it in my shadow when i change pages, but I just want to know if this is normal.
rick98761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Contact Amazon and have them sen you a new Kindle. Some folks are having issues with screen fade in direct sun while others are not. Amazon has been very good about replacing the units with problems.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
rick98761
rick98761 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Contact Amazon and have them sen you a new Kindle. Some folks are having issues with screen fade in direct sun while others are not. Amazon has been very good about replacing the units with problems.
I have been reading since posting this. I notice most people say theirs fades in the sunlight until it goes blank. Mine would not fade anymore, it would just refresh faded. Just want to clarify what normal behavior should be before i contact Amazon. Hopefully it will be sunny here tomorrow and I can test it out some more.
rick98761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There should be no fading. Send it back.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Its defective and Amazon will replace it, see Question for Kindle 1 and 2 owners re: direct sunshine.

This was a known issue with earlier generations of EInk film, exactly as you describe it (refresh in direct sun), but it isn't supposed to happen with Vizplex (which both K1 and K2 has).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
This is thread #6823 on the same issue.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

I've heard numerous reports on this, and yeah, just have Amazon replace it for you. I lucked out and didn't have any issues like this.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote