Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
Going completely command-line?

Howdie,

So I got my new Sony PRS-700 and I'm converting books, making them pretty, modifying their metadata and all is going well.

While the Calibre GUI is certainly decent, the command line is faster. I've got a nice directory structure and file naming system that lets me run around the filesystem magically setting up a bunch of stuff... But I don't get all the power that I'd like. Does anyone know how to:

- Add categories to files (or manipulate the database to add this stuff) from the command line?
- Set PDF metadata from the command line?

That should do it for now. Those two capabilities would go a long way to helping the automation process.

Cheers!
EP
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb is a command line interface to the db. A simple sed script should work for setting PDF metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 05:15 AM   #3
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibredb is a command line interface to the db. A simple sed script should work for setting PDF metadata.
Beautiful! Thanks man... wonderful app you've made there. We all really appreciate it.

Cheers,
EP
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote