Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
clewley
clewley began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Linux Help

Dear friends,
I intend to purchase an Asus Eee 701 cheap portable computer running Linux OS.
The only program that I shall miss, in changing from my OS Windows XP, is, mobipocket software which only runs in Windows. I would appreciate any help from a Linux user on getting the best use from my bookeen cybook Gen3 using a Linux OS.
Thank you.
clewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
If you wait until April 9th (and are in the US), Best Buy will be selling the 701 with Windows XP for $400. This would solve a lot of your problems.

Since the Cybook is a USB device, you won't need to install any drivers. One program I recommend is FBReader. This will let you read your non-DRM Mobipocket ebooks on the 701.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You don't need any program to transfer files to the Cybook, just mount it and copy, as with any other disk.

If you just need some Windows program, you can try with qemu or wine.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I have a current 701 with XP installed. The experience is much better with XP and it wasnt too hard to install.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote