Old 07-12-2014, 01:47 AM   #226
tkeo
Connoisseur
tkeo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Charles View Post
Thanks for the attempt; the test version doesn't work, either. Here's the message I receive:
I have modified to see my guees is right or not.
Please replace attached files into the kindleunpack folder of the plugin.

CAUTION, This is for TEST PURPOSE ONLY modification.

Thanks,

Last edited by tkeo; 07-15-2014 at 08:11 AM. Reason: removed attached files
tkeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #227
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi,

I have modified to see my guees is right or not.
Please replace attached files into the kindleunpack folder of the plugin.

CAUTION, This is for TEST PURPOSE ONLY modification.

Thanks,
tkeo,

Just to avoid any confusion, should those three files be placed into the latest test version of the plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.72a) or the "official" plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.67)?

Rebuilding the plugin with new components may be beyond some user's capabilities. I'll be happy to attach a full test plugin with your changes, but I'd like to avoid mixing/and matching files from different versions (test and/or release) of the core kindleunpack code in the plugin if I can.

If the problem is in the core kindleunpack code, I'd prefer the testing/debugging be done with the stand-alone version of KindleUnpack if at all possible. That way, I can just drop full versions of the core code (release or proposed) right into the plugin's framework.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #228
tkeo
Connoisseur

Hi DiapDealer,

I am so sorry to have forggeten to mention the version.
It is the latest test version of the plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.72a).

Thanks,
tkeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just to avoid any confusion, should those three files be placed into the latest test version of the plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.72a) or the "official" plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.67)?

Rebuilding the plugin with new components may be beyond some user's capabilities. I'll be happy to attach a full test plugin with your changes, but I'd like to avoid mixing/and matching files from different versions (test and/or release) of the core kindleunpack code in the plugin if I can.

If the problem is in the core kindleunpack code, I'd prefer the testing/debugging be done with the stand-alone version of KindleUnpack if at all possible. That way, I can just drop full versions of the core code (release or proposed) right into the plugin's framework.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #229
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi DiapDealer,

I am so sorry to have forggeten to mention the version.
It is the latest test version of the plugin (based on kindleunpack 0.72a).

Thanks,
tkeo
Not a problem.

Also, don't worry about adding my plugin version extension to kindleunpack.py's usage print out. You can stick with .72a, b, c or whatever you like (so you can keep track of the changes/patches for the core code). A calibre plugin's version can't use letters. They use a 0.0.0 number. So I reserve the first two to represent the core version that the plugin's based on (0.72.0), and then increment the last digit whenever I release an updated version of the plugin (between core KindleUnpack updates). 0.72.1, 2, 3 etc.

I'm attaching a full (BUT STILL EXPERIMENTAL) version of the plugin with your changes included. That way (hopefully) Chicago Charles can just install it like any other plugin without having to rebuild the plugin's zip file to try it out (plugins are zip files that get installed to calibre as-is).

(If you're reading this Charles --and others--don't try to install the attachment to tkeo's post like a normal calibre plugin. It's not a plugin file.)

If it works, tkeo, will you be able to incorporate the changes to those three files back into the the latest test versions of the core KindleUnpack code?
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindle_unpack_v0722_plugin.zip (78.5 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #230
tkeo
Connoisseur

Hi,
Quote:
If it works, tkeo, will you be able to incorporate the changes to those three files back into the the latest test versions of the core KindleUnpack code?
We will modify to deal with this error by removing CoverOffset EXTH if it has a strange value in coming v0.73. (I think you have already read Kevin's post in the stand-alone KindleUnpack thread though .)

Thanks,
Advert
Old 07-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #231
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've found a bug in kindle_unpack_v0722. I selected 4 AZW3 eBooks. I have them sorted by date. Only one of them was converted to ePub. That being the second one in date order.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #232
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've found a bug in kindle_unpack_v0722. I selected 4 AZW3 eBooks. I have them sorted by date. Only one of them was converted to ePub. That being the second one in date order.
Not a bug, Jon. The plugin has NEVER worked on multiple selections at a time. The one converted was the first one selected (or whichever one calibre considers the "current" selection). Point being: don't select more than one book at a time. I never intended the plugin to operate on more than one book at a time. Maybe that will change some day ... maybe it won't. Never envisioned it being used as a bulk format converter, to tell the truth.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-14-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #233
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not a bug, Jon. The plugin has NEVER worked on multiple selections at a time. The one converted was the first one selected (or whichever one calibre considers the "current" selection). Point being: don't select more than one book at a time. I never intended the plugin to operate on more than one book at a time. Maybe that will change some day ... maybe it won't. Never envisioned it being used as a bulk format converter, to tell the truth.
Normally, I don't have the need to bulk convert. But as I was trying to test the latest test version with 53 AZW3 eBooks, I did want to bulk format shift to see if it worked. I did all 53 and not a single error message.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #234
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did all 53 and not a single error message.
Good to know!

Will hopefully be able to put together a test version of the plugin based on the proposed v0.73 of the core code. Need to give it a pretty hard workout myself first. That test version will also include changes to ensure the plugin continues to function whenever calibre moves to PyQt5 (as well as remaining backward compatible with the older PyQt4 versions).
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #235
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

When the version based on 0.73 code is available for testing, I'll also try unpacking these AZW3 and some of the mobi I have.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #236
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've seen Calibre 2.x / PyQt5 mentioned twice now. When will it be due?

I imagine it's a big task to switch Qt versions....
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #237
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've seen Calibre 2.x / PyQt5 mentioned twice now. When will it be due?

I imagine it's a big task to switch Qt versions....
I don't think Kovid has a set time-frame. He's already got fully working beta versions of PyQt5 calibre waiting in the wings. I think the plan is when the majority of plugins are ready for the new version, he'll flip the switch.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #238
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm attaching a beta-version of the plugin.

It's based on version 0.73 of the core, stand-alone KindleUnpack "engine." Because of this, there are some new settings available (check the plugin's configuration) concerning HDImages and the type of ePub output.

But in addition to that, the plugin has also been ported to (hopefully) work with the future (PyQt5) version(s) of calibre. So if you're using/testing the beta versions of calibre, make sure to give me a heads up if you run into any issues.

It should stay compatible with the current (and earlier) version of calibre as well, so I'll need to know about any problems there, too.

Basically let me know if you have issues.
(and let me know what version (beta/release) of calibre you're using)

If all goes well, I'll make it an "official" release.

EDIT: Pulled the trigger and made the beta the official release. Removing beta attachment. See first post to download the zipfile.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-21-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Also, the Qt5 version of Calibre is still being fixed here and there as issue crop up. I'm not sure that Calibre is stable enough to be released from beta yet.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #240
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This plugin will work with either the calibre beta (QT5) or production (QT4) versions.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi