Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
DoctorBri
DoctorBri began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 680, Sony Reader
Bood Designer - horizontal bars & TOC editing

I searched, but to no avail. So here are my 2 questions:

1) Does BD support horizontal lines/bars?
2) Is there a way to edit the TOC contents? I have one in the book itself, but I'd like to rename the chapters in the LRF TOC.

Thanks!
DoctorBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have not been able to get a horiz rule (HTML command hr) to show in the LRF file.

As for renaming the BD generated TOC entries, this is completely derived from the paragraphs identified as "Title" assuming that there is enough distance from the last Title paragraph or that the new page element is introduced prior to the 2nd Title. Hope this helps.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have not been able to get a horiz rule (HTML command hr) to show in the LRF file.

As for renaming the BD generated TOC entries, this is completely derived from the paragraphs identified as "Title" assuming that there is enough distance from the last Title paragraph or that the new page element is introduced prior to the 2nd Title. Hope this helps.
I've found a solution to the titles are too close problem. I just put in enough blank lines.

Title 1
line 1
line 2
line 3
12 blank lines
page break
Title 2
line 1
line 2
etc.

And it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're putting in the manual page break, you don't need the blank lines. Adding a page break will always add the title to the TOC. Just make sure that the TOC option is set to "Full".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
DoctorBri
DoctorBri began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 680, Sony Reader
Thanks for the replies. My hope was to do this:

Chapter 1 (title)
----------- (hr)
A Long Expected Party (subtitle)

I've linked my in-book TOC to the title, but I wanted the chapter title to show up as "Chapter 1 - A Long Expected Party" in the auto-generated TOC. Maybe I'm just being too picky
DoctorBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What I do personally is to drop the word "Chapter" and just have "1. A Long Expected Party". The Reader doesn't display that much text on a line on the TOC page, and it just wastes space repeating "Chapter" on every line.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote