Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
aa_memon
aa_memon began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Change scrolling on iLiad

The top right hand side of my iLiad is damaged and the text is not readable in that area.

I have been cropping my pdf's or adding extra margins to get around the problem.

With all the development work going on for the iliad i was wondering if it's possible to change the scrolling distance or overlap so instead of going to the next page it might scroll with a 2" overlap?

is this possible even if it means i have to use a custom ipdf or any other reader for that matter?

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2011-03-15 at 16.43.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	68397  
aa_memon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Wasn't part of your question, but just wanted to comment that it looks like a broken/cracked screen. I'm glad it's still semi-useful to you, but you should be very careful with it so that the damage doesn't get worse. You've essentially go cracks in the glass layer right now. It wouldn't take much for them to start spreading out further.

Probably want to avoid any stress on the case/screen, abrupt temperature changes, etc.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
modsRule
modsRule began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Development for the iliad has not been active for a while (though I still play with mine (currently trying to get my Intuos4 to interface with it - might require building the whole linux system from scratch to get it up to date (ish))).

For your issue, what is wrong with just changing to the continuous scrolling mode (second button on left) of ipdf, then scrolling by dragging the page around (6th button on left)?
modsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
aa_memon
aa_memon began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
@shaggy thanks for the advise, i am careful about any stress on the screen ever since it happened (btw it was only a cell phone placed in that area that caused it, very sensitive indeed)

@modsRule I use the continuous scrolling when I absolutely have to but it's weird doesn't feel natural, I really like the flipbar.

On a side note, soon after posting here I discovered PDFCropperX which is really awesome. I just make 2 cropboxes, one for the top half and another for the bottom, this essentially splits the page into two pages. I can than add about 2 inches to the top by printing it on a larger page size. Now I can use the flipbar
aa_memon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad