Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
daftzombie
daftzombie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook classic
Nook shuts off when unplugged

Hello all, just signed up for an unfortunate reason. My beloved nook seems to be having an issue with the battery but who knows. About a month ago I misplaced my nook right before heading out of town, really missed my nook. Yesterday I found it but it wouldn't start up. I should mention that it was in sleep the month I was gone which I don't believe to be a good thing. I finally got it to boot up by removing the battery and replacing it a few hours later...but now it shuts off if I unplug it from my computer! The battery icon on the nook now has a question mark on it...not a good sign I figure.

Bad battery maybe? I have a few reasons to get a new nook via the warranty but I doubt they'd replace the battery, but I'd hope they do. What are your thoughts?
daftzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Grayce
Grayce has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grayce has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grayce has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grayce has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook and NOOkcolor
If you just need a new battery they should replace the battery for free under warranty. I've read numerous posts on different boards from people whose batteries were replaced. If you have reasons that they need to replace the entire unit under warranty B&N will do that too. If they replace the whole unit, it comes with a battery in that unit of course. The best thing to do is either take it into a store (the best bet if there is one that is convenient) or call the 800 number.
Grayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert