Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #181
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Here's a photo of my DX with the decal girl skin Starry night. I made a photo for it and applied the Screensaver hack... I love it! I read several hours a day with it...

Hey Roy - long time no post - I figured you were too busy reading!
I'm very happy that you love your DX (after all of our pushing you to buy it). I too am spending hours a day with my DX - and loving it. No regrets on this purchase.

(I still think your skin is WAY too busy - but different strokes, right?)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #182
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
I just can't help it... I have to reply to the post above that states "We should welcome anything that helps to defeat Amazon’s attempts to monopolize the ebook market."

I think it can be successfully argued that Amazon has done more to drive the ereader market than anyone else. For that, we can and should all be grateful. If anyone feels that Amazon shouldn't be there choice, then that is just fine. This market will never be monopolized, but we need as many big players in it as possible (Amazon, Sony, B&N...more!).

A few years ago, the only choice I was aware of was the Sony Reader (which wouldn't work with a Mac). Amazon showed the success that a reader could have in the market and look at what is in store for next year! Lots of competition and lots of choices.

Let's not hate and not bash any company that is coming to market here. We can disagree, but the market will sort out the winners and the losers.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote