Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Android to sony prs300

HI Folks

sorry if this is the wrong area.

I've been trying to figure a way of getting my calibre news papers onto my sony prs300 (old and no wireless only usb) whilst away camping etc.

Currently I use the missus' kindle keyboard and calibre to opds. Which works perfectly.

I can also download the files onto my android phone and tablet.
I had the idea that maybe I could download with the phone and file copy to the sony with es file explorer.

However - here is the first thing I've noticed (and I can't find an answer).
The sony connects to my android tablet ok as a usb storage. BUT the sony has 2 partitions, 1 for system, one for books. Android tablets etc only seem to see 1 partition (NOT DEVICE, we are not talking hubs etc) the second partition doesn't exist as far as android is concerned.

It's the same if I connect my garmin gpsmap 62s. Internal memory is ignored, but the sd card in the gps is shown. If I remove the sd card, then the android can now access the internal storage.

Is there any way of solving this on a non rooted device - it's a lenovo 2109 and generally i'm pretty happy with it.

thanks
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
are you using any software to connect your mobile with the other device
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelover View Post
are you using any software to connect your mobile with the other device
es explorer as and when i need to transfer files to my pc
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
if you can convert the file format / jpg/pdf may be you can bring them on the phone much easily.
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #5
scissors
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelover View Post
if you can convert the file format / jpg/pdf may be you can bring them on the phone much easily.
i'm sorry, but you have completely misunderstood my query.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Have you tried these apps
http://androidhardwares.com/usb-otg/...-the-go-cable/

The first one might help.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #7
scissors
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Have you tried these apps
http://androidhardwares.com/usb-otg/...-the-go-cable/

The first one might help.
thanks. Unfortunately it requires the device to be rooted.
I guess I must face facts, an android tablet is not as capable as a pc.

It seems to be the android os that is limitted....