Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #46
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
Has the discount on the lighted leather cover offer come (and gone) yet???
Haven't seen it yet.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #47
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
6 For $6

I checked my Kindle this morning and found the offer for the Audible 6 books for $6 offer. I had the details emailed to me. Here is what the email says:

Get 6 months of AudibleListener Gold Membership for just $6 and enjoy an Audible book per month.

You'll receive a credit for a free Audible book* every month during your membership as well as 30% off any audiobook purchased without a credit, free daily subscription to The New York Times or The Wall Street Journal and other member-exclusive sales and promotions.

Clicking on the link in the email takes you to a signup page at Audible with the following fine print:

Limit one discounted membership per Kindle with Special Offers customer. You must have or open an account on Audible.com to participate. If you sign up for this discounted membership and are a current member of one of Audible's AudibleListener membership plans, your current Audible membership plan will terminate as of the date you sign up for the discounted membership.

Unfortunately when I tried to sign up I got an error message. I emailed Audible support and they told me that the offer won't actually go live until May 23rd so I'll have to wait until then to sign up.
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
Has the discount on the lighted leather cover offer come (and gone) yet???
Not yet. The opening post lists all of the offers and I update it whenever a new offer is released.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
Unfortunately when I tried to sign up I got an error message. I emailed Audible support and they told me that the offer won't actually go live until May 23rd so I'll have to wait until then to sign up.
Try it now. Audible has the glitches worked out. There's a bit of chatter about this issue on the Kindle Boards.

I signed up for the 30-day trial and downloaded two free audiobooks. I'll convert it to the six month KSO offer before the deadline (24 Jun). In the end, I'll end up with 8 audiobooks for $6.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #50
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
If you dont continue your audible subscription will you lose access to all the ones youve bought?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #51
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
If you dont continue your audible subscription will you lose access to all the ones youve bought?
No, you shouldn't lose anything. I had an Audible membership back in 2004-2005 and I cancelled it six years ago and still have access to all those books in my library. I was able to sign up with the Kindle offer and I still have access to those older books now that my membership has been restarted.
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #52
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
No, you shouldn't lose anything. I had an Audible membership back in 2004-2005 and I cancelled it six years ago and still have access to all those books in my library. I was able to sign up with the Kindle offer and I still have access to those older books now that my membership has been restarted.
That's good to hear. As much as I would enjoy taking advantage of the offer, I wouldn't be able to keep the membership going after the promotional price ends.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
That's good to hear. As much as I would enjoy taking advantage of the offer, I wouldn't be able to keep the membership going after the promotional price ends.
If you decide to go with this, sign up for the free 30-day trial offer first. You'll get two audiobooks free. Then you can convert this membership into the 6 month promo.

This is what I'm doing. I already have my two free audiobooks. Soon, I'll convert to the promo. In the end, I'll have 8 audiobooks for $6.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Offer #8

Get 50% off a Kindle Lighted Leather Cover

Quote:
Our new design seamlessly incorporates a reading light into the cover, so you can carry your Kindle wherever you go and always have a reading light with you. Simply pull the light out to illuminate Kindle when you need it, and slide it away to be invisible when you don't. And since the light draws its power from Kindle, no batteries are needed.
Claim offer by May 28, 2011 and redeem by Aug 28, 2011

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-14-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #55
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
this is the last of the advertised offers that was already known, right?
Looking forward to see where it goes from here.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
this is the last of the advertised offers that was already known, right?
Looking forward to see where it goes from here.
Yes, we're on the last offer of the ones initially announced. This is from the news release announcing the KSO 3G:

Quote:
Special offers that will be available in the coming weeks include:

• $10 for a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card - customers loved this offer, so we're making it available again in time for Father's Day
• Save up to $500 off Amazon's already low prices on HDTVs with a unique 20% discount on 200 HDTVs from brands including Sony, Panasonic, LG, and VIZIO
• $1 for a Kindle book, choose from thousands of books including Water for Elephants and the Hunger Games trilogy
• Spend $10 on Kindle books and get a free $10 Amazon.com Gift Card

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #57
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Dang I'm seriously going to have to watch the wallet the next time I go into Target... this was advertised for $114 in their flyer this week.

I can hear my hubby now "and you want a second Kindle that has ads, WHY?!?"
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #58
metr0man
metr0man is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
Wow the upcoming offers are... awesome. 1 dollar books? 10 free bucks just for buying 10 bucks worth of books? I almost wish I needed a new TV...
metr0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #59
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I wish I hadn't missed some of the other deals, though, as ome of them were really good...
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #60
El Macho
El Macho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Boox Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yes, we're on the last offer of the ones initially announced. This is from the news release announcing the KSO 3G:
Some great offers in there that I certainly will take advantage of. I was disappointed that mine came too late to get the first $20-for-$10 gift card.
El Macho is offline   Reply With Quote