Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #16
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthsound
Where are you hosting the development of Sunrise?

I hope it hasn't been abandoned...
The Java version has been abandoned a long time ago. But it's open-source, so if someone wants to resurrect it, they can go ahead.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Jota
Jota began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten TX
Re: Send to Sunrise Firefox Extension (2007)

Hi, I recently discovered Sunrise and I'm amazed. EXCELLENT SOFTWARE THERE! Congratulations, and thanks, to Laurens.

Thing is I recently updated to Firefox 2.0.0.6 and is not compatible with the "Send to Sunrise" extension provided with the program. Is it going to be updated?

Thanks again,

J
Old 08-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #18
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I have Firefox 2.0.0.6 and just tried Clip with Sunrise XP. It worked just fine. You might want to try going that route.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #19
Jota

Hi, DTM.
I'm using Sunrise Desktop, where can I find that Clip tool?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #20
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you install Sunrise XP, one of the installation options is to install "Browser Extensions". These are not installed by default, so you have to choose to install the Firefox or IE extensions, or both. I always install both.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
burningrome
burningrome began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Here's the working XPI for Firefox 2.0.0.6

I found a working xpi file for the newest update of Firefox, HERE. Tested it -works great with Sunrise Desktop 0.42j. Laurens implies it will work with future versions as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks to Laurens - it's a great program!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #22
Jota

I already installed XP and I'm clipping* with Sunrise =)
Thank you both, guys.

*Should I say flipping?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #23
AnJam
AnJam
AnJam began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten C
Send to Sunrise Firefox Extension

Hello;

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
When you install Sunrise XP, one of the installation options is to install "Browser Extensions". These are not installed by default, so you have to choose to install the Firefox or IE extensions, or both. I always install both.
I'm trying to use the Sunrise XP v. 2.03 in Firefox 2.0.0.4 to add a Google Docs page to my Tungsten C (PalmOS 5.2.1.) I made sure to install both of the browser extensions.

When I go to Tools and select Clip to Sunrise XP in Firefox, there is a runtime error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

An
Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank

It doesn't sound as though you're doing anything wrong, AnJam. I'm using Sunrise XP 2.03 with Firefox 2.0.0.7 and have no problems with it. I just clipped this page to confirm that.

I suppose there could be a problem with the page you're trying to clip, but couldn't really say. Nor should the Firefox version be an issue. I would try clipping a different page (we know this one works!) and if you're still having problems, update Firefox and reinstall Sunrise XP.