Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #766
notonyourtintype
notonyourtintype began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Reading Annotations in Context (epub app on PC?)

Thanks for the prompt reply, even if it did bust my bubble a bit. I hadn't been assuming that this plugin would handle all of that. I'll think about this and may come back with a follow-on idea or two.

Ciao!
notonyourtintype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #767
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.13.0

I have just release version 1.13.0 of the plugin. This will make the plugin compatible with Python 3 and calibre version 5. There are no changes in function in the plugin.

The release notes for this version are:
  • Update: Changes for Python 3 support in calibre.
  • Update: Internal changes to how dialogs are handled.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. For those already running calibre v5, you will probably not bee notified of the new version. Install the update using the plugin updater.

If there are any issues, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #768
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For those already running calibre v5, you will probably not be notified of the new version.
I was on my 5.3 - I just fired up Calibre and saw the "1 updated plugin", "Annotations"
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #769
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Location: Berlin (DE), winters in Aomori (JP), from Montréal (CA)
Device: Libra2, KOA
Quote:
I have just release version 1.13.0 of the plugin. This will make the plugin compatible with Python 3 and calibre version 5.

Feature request: a button one can press to purchase you several beverages of your choice.

!!!
bopuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #770
melodramababs
melodramababs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My annotations used to go into my custom column but for some of my most recently read/annotated books, they are going into comments. (For the previous annotations, they still appear in the annotations column but they are ALSO in the comments)

I've confirmed that the annotations plugin does have the Annotations column selected.

Is there anything else I should be checking or doing to get them back into the annotations column?

edit to add: using most recent version of Calibre (5.3) and plugin (1.13)

Last edited by melodramababs; 10-19-2020 at 07:49 PM. Reason: more info
melodramababs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #771
melodramababs
melodramababs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
bah. sorry. I omitted trying the obvious "uninstall, delete column, reinstall" option.
all is well that ends well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodramababs View Post
My annotations used to go into my custom column but for some of my most recently read/annotated books, they are going into comments. (For the previous annotations, they still appear in the annotations column but they are ALSO in the comments)

I've confirmed that the annotations plugin does have the Annotations column selected.

Is there anything else I should be checking or doing to get them back into the annotations column?

melodramababs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:13 AM   #772
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Quote:
bah. sorry. I omitted trying the obvious "uninstall, delete column, reinstall" option.
all is well that ends well!
I can't think of what would have happened there. There might be a problem reading the configuration with the change from Python 2 to Python3. Especially if the configuration hasn't been changed for a long time. My suggestion would have been to change the configuration to for it to be resaved. Any change probably would have done it, but choose a different column, and then coming back and choosing the original column would be a fairly certain way of doing it.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #773
UMNiK
UMNiK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Kindle Paperwhite 2018 with sideloaded kfx (matched in calibre).

Seems to fail in a most curious way:
Code:
DEBUG:   64.2  Book on device title: 'Legacy of the Aldenata – 02 – Gust Front'
DEBUG:   64.2  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:   64.2  ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt ERROR: Error trying to read clippings file: name 'file' is not defined
DEBUG:   64.2   Number of entries retrieved from 'My Clippings.txt'=0
DEBUG:   64.3 AnnotationsAction:fetch_usb_device_annotations(DEBUG: []) 
DEBUG:   64.3 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   69.7 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   71.5 AnnotationsAction:shutting_down()
What I tried
  • Deleting My Clippings.txt and associated sdb
  • Reinstalling the plugin (after deleting the old config in AppData)
  • Running on newly transferred and annotated books that created a fresh My Clippings.txt

I know it kinda worked in September (had to manually match up books, but at least it gave me the option to do so), but I'm not sure what could have caused it to break now (I assume the move to Python 3 couldn't break it this badly).
UMNiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #774
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMNiK View Post

Code:
DEBUG:   64.2  ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt ERROR: Error trying to read clippings file: name 'file' is not defined
DEBUG:   69.7 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
What I tried
  • Deleting My Clippings.txt and associated sdb
  • Reinstalling the plugin (after deleting the old config in AppData)
  • Running on newly transferred and annotated books that created a fresh My Clippings.txt

I know it kinda worked in September (had to manually match up books, but at least it gave me the option to do so), but I'm not sure what could have caused it to break now (I assume the move to Python 3 couldn't break it this badly).
I'm not sure why you think that. The changes needed for any of these plugins to work in Python 3 were enough that most were completely broken and didn't load at all. Fixing that part was generally easy, but there were a lot of subtle things that meant they looked like they worked, but didn't actually work.

The above is a Python 3 problem. Fixing that bit is easy, but, it is going to be broken elsewhere. Looking at it, I have not migrated the code in the Kindle or Tolino parts of the plugin properly. I'll have to fix that. I can't test the Kindle parts propely, so I will post a beta when it is ready.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:31 AM   #775
UMNiK
UMNiK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
I can't test the Kindle parts propely, so I will post a beta when it is ready.
I suppose it was naive of me to presume upgrading versions would be easy.

Anyway, since I've already done the steps to prepare a "fresh" My Clippings.txt and reinstall the plugin, feel free to pm me alphas as needed for testing (the debug functionality seems intact).
UMNiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #776
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMNiK View Post

Code:
Hello, a new user here.
I 'm on Calibre 5.2.0 and Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen) and I'm having the exact same issue
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #777
eddington
eddington began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Is there any chance this will be extended to support the Amazon Fire (android tablet) Kindle app? I have made copious notes in there and now only realize they are inaccessible to me.
eddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #778
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddington View Post
Is there any chance this will be extended to support the Amazon Fire (android tablet) Kindle app? I have made copious notes in there and now only realize they are inaccessible to me.
The plugin can be extended to whatever devices or apps wanted. The limiting factor is time, skill, availability of the device, and, most importantly, whether the device or app exposes the annotations in a way that can be read. The last one is probably the most important. I don't have a Fire, and am unlikely to get one. So, I cannot look at how and where the annotations are stored. But, I would not expect them to be anywhere that they can be seen when the device is connected.

If someone does have a Fire and wants to look into this, I will help as much as I can. I can help with the code and some of what to look at.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #779
pedromaslez
pedromaslez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I use Kindle Keyboard and on old Python versions Annotations worked OK. Now once I plug device in on 1.13.0 the Annotations icon just disappears and I cannot use Fetch annotations anymore.
pedromaslez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #780
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
It is difficult to add support for sony PRS-T1
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp