Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #31
ameinias
a person
ameinias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O E1
I am SO EXCITED to try this.

Has anyone tested this on the Kobo Aura H20 Edition 1? This thread is pretty old, is the data in #24 still the best way to installl? I've got KOReader and Plato installed so far.

EDIT: I got it installed just fine, with KSM 09 as the launcher. HOWEVER... the screen is upside down. The touch is still right side up. So for example, I have to touch the top left to get the file menu, even though the word "FILE" is upside down on the bottom right. I have already used up all the entertainment of trying to play 905 upside down.

My gut says it's a KSM issue rather than a qFrotz issue, but maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, I posted about it in the KSM 09 thread.

Last edited by ameinias; 03-09-2019 at 07:54 PM.
ameinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #32
ameinias
a person
ameinias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O E1
I got it working! tshering of the KSM 09 menu was awesome and made an install file for qFrotz for us with H2O E1s that fixes the rotation issue. You can find it here!
ameinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:31 AM   #33
phlame64
phlame64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Has anybody tried this on a Kobo Aura One (KA1)?
phlame64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:45 PM   #34
newreader25
newreader25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've gotten this working on a Libra 2. The main hurdle has just been getting vlasovsoft operational on a Libra 2, which the author has been extremely gracious in doing. I still need to try more games, and will update once I have.
newreader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:59 PM   #35
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Frotz under KFMon?

Any news here? I'd love to try it on my Kobo Aura One with KFMon.
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:59 PM   #36
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Hello,
If that might be worth anything, I ported it to InkBox OS this last summer (https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/QtFrotz). Considering the list of devices you have, InkBox is not currently compatible with them, but you might have a go at trying to compile it yourself to run it with KFMon. You will need Qt 5 libraries (you can try this for it to be easier, thanks to @OfficerAction: https://github.com/Rain92/kobo-qt-setup-scripts).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	infocom.png
Views:	110
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	199199  
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:01 PM   #37
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Thank you!
I am afraid compiling it myself would be beyond my abilities, but it sounds like something that someone might do at some point.
(Hope never dies!)

If the IF file types would be recognised by KOReader, and opened with QtFrotz, that would be utterly splendid, of course.
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:59 AM   #38
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm having trouble installing it on my Libra 2, I have everything installed except KoboLauncher (missing download and the thread says it's old and to not use).

I don't suppose there's a interactive fiction interpreter that works with Nickel menu?
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 11:43 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
I'm having trouble installing it on my Libra 2, I have everything installed except KoboLauncher (missing download and the thread says it's old and to not use).

I don't suppose there's a interactive fiction interpreter that works with Nickel menu?
You might be able to launch using NickelMenu.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote