Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Ebooks in Spain

This might be old news but I have recently seen Ebooks starting to be sold in Spain.

Media Markt is selling both the Booken and Iliad "Book" edition.

They have just publicsed the iliad in their print promo stuff for the first time for my local store ( Jerez de la frontera ) at 599 Euro.

At this price i'll stick with my 505 for now :-)

Regards, AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:49 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
But those are ebook readers. Have you seen ebooks (the content) being sold in Spain, preferably in Spanish?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
You can buy spanish ebooks in www.mobipocket.com although I think only in mobipocket format. Spain is still way behind in promoting ebooks and ebook reader, I haven't seen any ebook reader yet, although they do sell it in Mediamarkt, There's no real marketing effort from their part, I've seen it exposed, next to mp4 readers and stuff like that, without further explanation, someone who does not know what it is won't even look twice.

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Hi Jellby,
Sorry they are readers :-(
Media Markt had the Iliad loaded with 150 books I think and they were selling packages of 2 books for several authors.
I have only seen their website and publicity material.
If I go into the shop I would end up buying a very desirable lense for my camara so I keeping away!!
Regards, AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote