Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Battery App?

Are there any battery saving apps that work with the latest version of KitKat? I had Juice Defender installed, but there were issues with how it manages the wifi, resulting in my having to restart the tablet every time it was idle for a while, because the wifi would get hung up on connecting. I've looked at other forums, and this seems to be a fairly common problem with battery saving apps.

Is there one that works, or a setting I'm missing in Juice Defender? Because my battery life just doesn't seem to be as good as it was, and especially with all these winter storms and power outages, I'd like to maximize my battery life.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Are there any battery saving apps that work with the latest version of KitKat? I had Juice Defender installed, but there were issues with how it manages the wifi, resulting in my having to restart the tablet every time it was idle for a while, because the wifi would get hung up on connecting. I've looked at other forums, and this seems to be a fairly common problem with battery saving apps.

Is there one that works, or a setting I'm missing in Juice Defender? Because my battery life just doesn't seem to be as good as it was, and especially with all these winter storms and power outages, I'd like to maximize my battery life.
Not that I know of but what I do is before I put the N7 to sleep I turn off WiFi of course then I have a shortcut to settings that shows the running apps. I then close any apps I don't want running like Facebook is a huge drain on the battery and will start back up the next time I turn on WiFi.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
waleed_th
waleed_th began at the beginning.

Device: none
decrease the brightness maybe ?
waleed_th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I've got it on almost the lowest setting. I've finally figured out that as long as I remember to force stop apps like tumblr when I'm finished, it doesn't drain as fast, but the battery life is still not as good as it used to be.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
have you got the latest firmware on your nexus? If I am using my nexus 7 2013 heavy all day I get about 11 hrs out of the battery. Then there are days that I do not hardly use any of the battery. I mostly use my nexus for reading and for email. I have to email apps that I have set up to push email to the nexus all day long. I never turn off my wifi, but I do keep the bluetooth off when not needed, and I have the screen set to automatic brightness.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 04:10 AM   #6
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I use Battery Doctor. It seems to work well enough. I have also turned off GPS, sync, toned down brightness and screen time out is 2mins.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
The soon to be released Samsung Galaxy S5 phone has an icon which shuts off all apps and turns the screen to black and white to conserve power except to receive and make phone calls. Supposedly, in this state just a 10% charge can last 10 days.

Presumably, apps can then be turned back on one at a time if necessary.

I won't receive it until mid-April.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote