Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Firmware v-1.9.11 now available

Not sure if the desktop or wireless see it yet, because I look for new updates daily using the 'manual' method, but v-1.9.11 is out now.

Installing it as I write, so not sure what's changed yet... Hopefully a more robust database that doesn't get trashed so easily!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Note: just rebooted and it says:

What's New:

-Share book on Facebook
-Search within a book
-Low-battery warning
-Book progress available in Library

...we'll see how it goes.
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
I'm guessing another KT update and not a K2 one. Oh course it is, let's spend all our frikken time on FB sh*t instead of fixing real problems or adding features people really want.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Well to be fair three of the four items listed have featured quite heavily in the wish list for future updates.
Book progress IS available for K1 (not sure about K2) but for some mysterious reason was missing from the KT. The ability to search within a book has been requested over and over again since the K1 was launched last year. A low battery warning is also badly needed.
The FB stuff I can live without.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Those bottom three are something to cheer about. I may upgrade firmware now (I held off the last two or so because I never had the storage error).
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I am neutral about the Facebook stuff (being kind of introverted in my reading), but can appreciate it, but the book searching and progress indicator had me singing its praises all day! I feel like a kid in a candy shop now.

It made easier navigation for stuff like the Bible, which I don't read cover to cover like a novel, but I reference in various places.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Links appear not to work anymore now. Is anyone else having a problem?
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Nothing seems to have changed for links - which is not a good thing. For Kobo EPUBs it is still impossible to activate a link if it is on the first line of text and for non-Kobo EPUBs links work only about half the time. Also, for non-KOBO EPUBs there is still no visual feedback to indicate when a hyperlink has been successfully activated.

Last edited by Joe563; 09-27-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Nothing seems to have changed for links - which is not a good thing. For Kobo EPUBs it is still impossible to activate a link if it is on the first line of text and for non-Kobo EPUBs links work only about half the time. Also, for non-KOBO EPUBs there is still no visual feedback to indicate when a hyperlink has been successfully activated.
Oh okay. I never had a problem with links before, but I was using them in the Complete Sherlock Holmes Kobo EPUB, which has a very random table of contents built into it. I was using the text-link ToC in the book itself to navigate, and that always worked.

But in the Works of Edgar Rice Burroughs Kobo EPUB (granted, it was only a preview and not the whole book), I couldn't get the text links in A Princess of Mars to work. And then I downloaded a Project Gutenberg EPUB of A Princess of Mars and the text links wouldn't work in that either.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote