Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #16
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
Though from what I've read in the development forum, we will probably be limited to what UDS supplies.
Viewing of SD-card content is done with the ContentBrowser (ctb) which is completely open source. The UDS is a document viewer.

So how should a Bookshelf-view look like?
- Should it just be a new sorting mode? (So each folder on the SD-card is a shelf.) The sorting order could easily be stored in the local metadata.db file of the folder.
How to do the sorting on the DR?
- Maybe like the 'delete mode', but then tapping on the left/upper part would move it one position up and right/lower one position down?
- How to handle page-boudaries (if the books in a folder do not fit onto one screen)?

This would be a 'simple' implementation, not deviating too much from the current concepts of the firmware. Any other ideas?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Bookshelf-view, excellent idea!

But, if I add five new books and have to move each around like that, probably up from the bottom to the desired location, that would be too tedious. I don't move my real books around by moving a book one position at at time: I just drop them on the shelf where I want them. Is a drag-and-drop movement possible, or would that be way to far out from what the ctb currently supports?
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #18
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
Bookshelf-view, excellent idea!

But, if I add five new books and have to move each around like that, probably up from the bottom to the desired location, that would be too tedious. I don't move my real books around by moving a book one position at at time: I just drop them on the shelf where I want them. Is a drag-and-drop movement possible, or would that be way to far out from what the ctb currently supports?
It is not out of ctb capabilities, but more out of my programming capabilities
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote