Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Marvin 3.1.2 build 34 and iOS 15.4.1

Hi!

Yes, I'm still using Marvin. I just happen to like the program a lot.

I'm just wondering if it continues to work well under iOS 15.4.1 before I do an update.

Thanks, everyone!
Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:07 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
It's been working fine for me!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Working fine for me, too.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:32 PM   #4
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both!
Old 05-04-2022, 05:00 AM   #5
bestlem
bestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
It seems to be mostly OK.
But on my iPad when I switch to another app and then back it loses its position but I don't have the issue on my iPhone both on iOS 15.4.1
bestlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:32 AM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would guess that is the issue about switching between portrait and landscape… it has been reported that can lose your position. I have my position locked to one or the other based on the book contents (lots of tables or something means landscape).
You could also use the technique of bookmarking your position (tap in top right corner) before switching… then it’s really easy to go right to that spot.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:58 AM   #7
bestlem
bestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have my iPad in a stand always in landscape mode so it never switches
bestlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Interesting. Have you tried the bookmarking technique?
Old 06-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #9
Shykat
Groupie

Now it's iOS 15.5

Now, it looks like the newest iOS is 15.5. Same question: Is Marvin 3.1.2 working okay under 15.5??

Thank you!
Old 06-18-2022, 09:18 PM   #10
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Working fine for me.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Works fine for me too.

My guess is that you don't have to ask every time iOS gets updated. If there is something hugely drastic....ie IOS 17 is based on android... then there might be a problem and I guarantee someone will post here that there is actually a problem.
Old 06-18-2022, 11:02 PM   #12
Shykat
Groupie

Thank you both. Yes, I probably don't have to ask each time. I'm just a big worrier and like the way Marvin presents my ebooks. I would hate to lose it's functionality.

Thank you, again.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:23 AM   #13
maxyn83
Enthusiast
maxyn83 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 13pm
I have ios 15.6 and 15.4.1 and both works fine. There are times that the book will get stuck between pages but closing and re-opening the app will get it back to normal or sometimes going to a different chapter.

I'm also worrying about losing the use of Marvin. Hopefully we will get a few more years of using the app. Just don't delete the app coz u might not be able to reinstall it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Thank you both. Yes, I probably don't have to ask each time. I'm just a big worrier and like the way Marvin presents my ebooks. I would hate to lose it's functionality.

Thank you, again.
maxyn83 is offline   Reply With Quote