Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
jsjcjsjc
jsjcjsjc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
when I use VoiceView on kindle, how to pause it and start it at specified position

Hello
I have question regarding voiceview of kindle, after TTS is working, how to stop it and how to start it ?
It looks it can only start from the begining of page , so how to pause it and start it at specified position ? if i'm on page 2,how to start voiceview on page 6 , the second paragraph ?
I didn't find answer from your help page https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202006400
Thanks a lot
jsjcjsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It is worth taking a few minutes to go through the on-device Tutorial.

To pause: tap with two fingers
Turn page: swipe left or right with two fingers
resume: 'quickly' swipe down with two fingers held close together

I find this last gesture tricky to execute, but it takes a little practice. Note that if a word is selected, it will begin reading at that point.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
- - - -
That is too much like reading the directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is too much like reading the directions.
The tutorial in this case does not involve reading anything as it is designed for people with visual impairments. In fact I would recommend doing it with eyes closed.

But yes, reading the directions is something I do only as a last resort.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
jsjcjsjc
jsjcjsjc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

To pause: tap with two fingers
Turn page: swipe left or right with two fingers
resume: 'quickly' swipe down with two fingers held close together

I find this last gesture tricky to execute, but it takes a little practice. Note that if a word is selected, it will begin reading at that point.
"resume: 'quickly' swipe down with two fingers held close together"
This is realllllllly difficult ! i don't believe it was disegned by amazon...
jsjcjsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjcjsjc View Post
"resume: 'quickly' swipe down with two fingers held close together"
This is realllllllly difficult ! i don't believe it was disegned by amazon...
Vulcan perhaps?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote