Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #31
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
At the very least, a cover from which it is easy to remove the H2O for naked activities is what I am looking for.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Well, I recall to have seen a post by JSWolf about a "useless" or "pointless" accessory for the H2O: a plastic bag to protect the H2O from water.
Maybe it is not so useless after all.
You'd be better off with a Ziploc bag then that waterproof bag.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #33
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You'd be better off with a Ziploc bag then that waterproof bag.
I found it. Here is the link to JSWolfs post Waterproof sleeve carry case

Last edited by Anak; 09-17-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #34
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry for double posting by accident.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #35
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Has anyone tried this one/this brand? They look pretty nice, especially for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E19K6EQ/...ter_B00E19K6CS

Looks like they have cases for touch, glo, aura, and aura hd, so presumably just a matter of time for the h2o. I haven't bothered really in the past with much more than a sleeve (everything seemed either way too expensive, or junk), but I'm fairly tempted for the h2o.
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #36
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by thp1017 View Post
Has anyone tried this one/this brand? They look pretty nice, especially for the price.

Looks like they have cases for touch, glo, aura, and aura hd, so presumably just a matter of time for the h2o. I haven't bothered really in the past with much more than a sleeve (everything seemed either way too expensive, or junk), but I'm fairly tempted for the h2o.
That's the case I have for my HD--note the link you posted goes to the HD case, not a case for the H2O. In any case, I really like the case. Fits well, sleep cover works perfectly, and seems sturdy. I've only had my HD for a little over a month, so time will tell how sturdy it actually is, but at this point I don't have any reason to think it won't last a long time.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #37
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gecko has a neoprene sleeve for the H2O now.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by thp1017 View Post

I bought this exact unit. It's OK, but after having it awhile I decided I wanted a different style case.

One issue is that the plastic covering over the silver plate starts to come off. So I peeled it off completely. What happens as a result of this is the magnet becomes very strong.

As I said, this is a fine cover, but just not the one I was looking for.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #39
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I bought this exact unit. It's OK, but after having it awhile I decided I wanted a different style case.

One issue is that the plastic covering over the silver plate starts to come off. So I peeled it off completely. What happens as a result of this is the magnet becomes very strong.

As I said, this is a fine cover, but just not the one I was looking for.
That's the one (in purple) I have for my HD. I think you are supposed to remove that piece of plastic. It's just for shipping.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #40
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I use a clear Skinomi skin on my HD because it was too slippery naked. To transport it I use this sleeve:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is some "wiggle room" in the sleeve but it is large enough to take an HD with a cover on it, and the sleeve is inexpensive and good protection. Probably any sleeve made for the Apple iPad Mini will work for the h2o, but I guess we will all see for ourselves in a week or two.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #41
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Gecko has a neoprene sleeve for the H2O now.
I like the neoprene sleeve. If I even get a H20 I'd be tempted to get this.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
The neoprene sleeve is a very thoughtful invention; with it, the the H2O won't have to feel cold when it goes for a swim.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It also means it can swim naked
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
DNSB posted a link to the official H2O sleepcover in another thread:

Kobo Aura H2O SleepCover - Black $49.99 CDN

It looks pretty nice, but I'd like to see some after-market cases before deciding.
I see that Chapters/Indigo have reduced the price to $39.99, still a bit pricey though. If they were to drop it another $10-$15 I might be tempted.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #45
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I see that Chapters/Indigo have reduced the price to $39.99, still a bit pricey though. If they were to drop it another $10-$15 I might be tempted.
At that price point, my first choice thus far is the Gecko Deluxe cover at $33 CDN plus shipping, although I'd like to see a photo of the inside before ordering.