Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 04:39 AM   #31
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Does anyone have a recommended reading order for Louis L'Amour? Goodreads doesn't list most of them as a series.
When I was a kid, my father would bring home lots of Louis L'Amour books from work. They had some kind of book swap going amongst themselves. We kids had a similar deal going among the altar boys on Sundays. There was no order to what you got, but I don't think it made much difference. Each story was pretty much self contained.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #32
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Does anyone have a recommended reading order for Louis L'Amour? Goodreads doesn't list most of them as a series.
The majority of the Louis L'Amour books are stand-alone novels. He did have some series though, which the site below does a good job of listing out.

https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/louis-lamour/

The Sacketts is a series I recommend reading in chronological order, which the site above lists, because it starts in like the 1700's (been a while since I read them) and goes into the 1800's following various descendants.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #33
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I was wondering why no one had mentioned Marshall Grover. I remember really enjoying his "Larry and Stretch" westerns when I was younger. But now I see this was an Australian author Leonard Frank Meares. Apparently his other pseudonyms include: Marshall McCoy, Ward Brennan and Glenn Murrell.

A link to the first Larry and Stretch on Goodreads - called Drift!.

Did any of these turn up in America?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #34
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
+++++1 on Lonesome Dove. It won the Pulitzer in 1985, and deservedly so.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #35
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Craig Johnson's Longmire series is a pretty good blend of modern western/detective, also the William Johnstone Mountain Man books.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote