Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Cases

Anyone know a brick and mortar shop that carries the cases for the 650?? Sony wants and arm and a leg for expedited shipping.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Has anyone figured out it the 600 Cases still fit the 650? Does the 650 come with any kind of case??

JJ
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
The 650 doesn't come with a case. The 650 is smaller than the 600 so cases made fir the 600 with corner straps might not fit well.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Has anyone figured out it the 600 Cases still fit the 650? Does the 650 come with any kind of case??
I saw in another post that you purchased from ABT. I was in there on Wednesday to purchase my 650 and they did have the Red covers (without light) for the 650 in stock. If they haven't already shipped your order maybe you could get one of those added.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post

JJ
Check this site out to compare sizes:

eReader Comparison
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I saw in another post that you purchased from ABT. I was in there on Wednesday to purchase my 650 and they did have the Red covers (without light) for the 650 in stock. If they haven't already shipped your order maybe you could get one of those added.
They were showing them on back order
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Many Sony Brand 600 covers on ebay one offered at $15 USD including shipping USA
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I had to wait an extra week to have my PRS-650 cover shipped (PRSACL65R). It was worth the wait and the money though.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Has anyone inquired if M-Edge will be selling cases soon for the 650? So far I like theirs the best even over the officially Sony ones. Right now though Id just be happy with some kind of sleeve to use I'm not actually using my reader.

TIA
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
Has anyone inquired if M-Edge will be selling cases soon for the 650? So far I like theirs the best even over the officially Sony ones. Right now though Id just be happy with some kind of sleeve to use I'm not actually using my reader.

TIA
Someone emailed M-Edge and inquired about new cases for the 350 and 650. M-Edge was unsure unless people showed enough interest. I suggest going to their site and say you positively want a cover and how much you like their quality.

I sent an email a few days ago.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Someone emailed M-Edge and inquired about new cases for the 350 and 650. M-Edge was unsure unless people showed enough interest. I suggest going to their site and say you positively want a cover and how much you like their quality.

I sent an email a few days ago.
Awesome because I just send an email not more than five minutes ago they are so nice!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
The Case Logic hard case for the 600 will accomodate the 650. It uses corner straps and holds it in nicely, but not quite as snug as it did with the 600. Don't go shaking it upside down and it'll be fine.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #13
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
Many Sony Brand 600 covers on ebay one offered at $15 USD including shipping USA
It won't fit on 650. The lock mechanism is completely different. Besides, 650 is thinner than 600.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
flyingpostman
flyingpostman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Last year I bought a premium Sony leather case for my 505 that was really nice, I hope that they offer a case like that for the 650 at some point (although I don't think they did for the 600). That case was great, nice leather smell, well made, pockets in the back including a space for an SD card.

The current 650 case is quite nice too, but I wish there was a pocket in the back, sometimes I like to keep some papers in the back, notes, etc.
flyingpostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #15
terraskye
Groupie

I really want the M-Edge Leisure Jacket for my 650

http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs600-leisure.psp

I know the 650 is smaller than the 600 but I was thinking I could maybe but something along the sides and part of the top and bottom to make it fit ok ?

Thoughts or suggestions? I was thinking of some kind of soft foam