Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Activating Adobe Digital Editions

I cannot open my DRM-protected ePub titles with my new PocketBook 360. My registered Adobe Digital Editions reader on my PC recognizes that I have a device attached to my PC (namely my PocketBook 360) but the ADE reader will not activate it. In the ADE website, where presumably all compatible ebook readers are listed, the PocketBook is not one of them. Has anyone else encountered this problem -- and solved it?
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I do it on my PC, easily. When I get back to it later today, I'll tell you step-by-step what to do. Although PB is not listed as a choice, you can choose Cybook, for example, and it is going to work.
Will come back to this later today, when I'm on my PC (now I'm using my wife's mac, although I love it, but it is not mine and doesn't have all that is there on mine machine).
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I do it on my PC, easily. When I get back to it later today, I'll tell you step-by-step what to do. Although PB is not listed as a choice, you can choose Cybook, for example, and it is going to work.
Will come back to this later today, when I'm on my PC (now I'm using my wife's mac, although I love it, but it is not mine and doesn't have all that is there on mine machine).
I've been on interactive internet line and phone today at length with Adobe customer service on this issue of my not being able to activate my 360. When I try to activate it when in my ADE reader on my PC, it says I have too many activations. The customer service rep with whom I spoke by phone says I need to get from the seller the 24-digit serial number of the ADE software that's embedded in the firmware or my 360. I gave her the serial number of my device, but that wasn't what she wanted. She wanted the ADE software serial number. Once I have that, then I can call them again and they can activate the 360 for me. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no that doesn't make sense to me. When I had gone over my device limits i simply sent them an email, told them what happened and they reset it so I could install my new device.

They need to get rid of that device limit or fix it so it doesn't see every new firmware update as a new device. really it should be unlimited devices. I'm going to have aproblem again soon when trying some new devices. Maybe i should contact them ahead of time to ask them about it.

edit - btw i just got an ADE update when i started up- anyone know what this update was for?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
grrr... our phone support, sigh...
The correct response from the phone support should have been to direct you to the support portal http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions (click on 'Submit a web case') as this is the only supported method (and you'll get people that actually understand the problems), unfortunately some times the phone support team tries to be helpful within their limits (and fails).

@Dulin's Books
The last ADE update was 1.7.1 released in April 2009, has it been that long since you launched?

Last edited by Jim Lester; 01-20-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
The correct response from the phone support should have been to direct you to the support portal http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions (click on 'Submit a web case') as this is the only supported method (and you'll get people that actually understands the problems), unfortunately some times the phone support team tries to be helpful within their limits (and fails).

@Dulin's Books
The last ADE update was 1.7.1 released in April 2009, has it been that long since you launched?
This matter I believe is now being handled by and through the very alert Jim Lester by Private Message, at his welcome initiative. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
This matter I believe is now being handled by and through the very alert Jim Lester by Private Message, at his welcome initiative. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Yep, Jim handled it. Whew!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
The correct response from the phone support should have been to direct you to the support portal http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions (click on 'Submit a web case') as this is the only supported method (and you'll get people that actually understand the problems), unfortunately some times the phone support team tries to be helpful within their limits (and fails).

@Dulin's Books

no the last time i launched was in december. Yesterday when it launched to read a pdf it said it was updating first. hmm maybe it was reader that updated not ade but the document opened in the ade window.

I found the support portal method to be very very quick and helpful. No problems at all once I got there. You should put a link to the Support Portal page right in the ADE window under "options".
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
I suspect I may be having the same problem - I've filled out a support form, had a request for more information, and am now waiting for the outcome.

Adobe Digital Editions was working fine for me - for the first cool-er ebook readers I had. However, I had to return the second one again because it broke after two months (see the Cool-er forum posting for details) and now I cannot authorize the new cool-er.

Whis happened on Monday, the error messages led me to believe it was just a website problem... but I wonder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adobe error message when trying to authorize new cool-er.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	43986  
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/546172?tstart=0
Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Thank you!

That worked a treat! And I still haven't had a solution from the Adobe portal yet...

But I don't really understand why it worked... I confess that as my cool-er was brand new and I hadn't changed any of the factory settings, I just went ahead and uninstalled / reinstalled ADE. That didn't work. When I uninstalled again, then reset the to factory settings, and reinstalled it worked!

This forum is fantastic!
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
fairhsa
fairhsa began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
But did anyone actually solve the original problem? Activating it on the pocketbook 360? I have exactly the same problem and I don't even know how to start!
fairhsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You could start by doing what panda53 has done with his/her device.

1. Uninstall ADE
2. Reset your device to factory configuration: when switching it on, hold the center key and the lower wing button pressed at the same time and then follow the instructions.
Remember to back up your content: books, dictionaries, themes, apps... since the hardware reset swipes it all. Remember as well to have it plugged to your computer or to the power supply.
3. Reinstall ADE and try to authorise it this time.

BTW, if you have firmware version 15.2 installed, you can de-authorise your Pocketbook from the device itself. In order to do that, go to "Settings" and then to "Maintenance". Select "Remove ADE authorisation".
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #14
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
For what it's worth, I had the same problem and was able to solve it by just resetting the device. I didn't have to reinstall ADE.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote