Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
kemp_l
kemp_l began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
News feeds all unavailable

I had this working awhile back and decided I dint want newsfeeds and now I can't get them back.. I tried a lot of them and they all came back Unavailable..even Calibre news. I have read about setting it up but still unavailable...What have I missed from the manual 3.25. current version
kemp_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What does come back unavailable mean? If you are getting an actual error, then post the full error.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
kemp_l

Never gives an error time just keeps going up...

fetch news
schedule news downloads
pick any of the feeds
jobs show 1 and its spinning
clicked save
clicked spinner jobs 1
get calibre jobs with Jobs status progress running time
fetch news from nuus24 Waiting unavailable Keeps going up

that is what I get and jobs is still spinning.

and unavailable not sure where that came from sorry

Last edited by kemp_l; 06-06-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add info
Old 06-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to let the download finish. News downloads typically take a few minutes depending on network speed/news source/antivirus intervention.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
kemp_l

ok I will let it run while I go get me a soda water..hope it works
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 11:49 PM   #6
kemp_l

Ok been running 1hr 24min. I will try anothe feed with just 10 news item download
Old 06-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #7
kemp_l

10 news items is still trying to download after 35min. I am going to sleep on it and see if anything comes back to me...
Old 06-07-2018, 01:13 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then something is blocking calibre, likely culprits are antivirus/firewall/proxy
Old 06-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #9
kemp_l

I turned the firewall off and still no luck. so that leaves antivirus and proxy. I will keep playing with it.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #10
kemp_l

Update

Well after messing with everything I could think of and your thoughts I got crazy and downloaded the update and ran it with repair option...first I was here then then after it finished repair guys and Calibre..I will play and enjoy your software again...