Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
KA1 koreader v2015.11-671 screen not responding

hello, I have a huge problem with controlling my reader. I updated to the latest nightly build and I cannot control annything except light sensitivity with swiping. the whole screen is non responding. 99% this is not HW problem, but SW issue.
/this happened right after updating, maybe some tap zone settings in default.persistent.lua or whatever/
the biggest problem is (and my mistake which I wanted to correct right after this happened) that I am using koreader with KSM, the KSM is set up to start automatically on every boot, but I changed the time to start koreader to 0. this means after powering on the reader, it will automatically start KSM and koreader right after that and will open last opened file. I need to connect to my PC/enable usb to fix this, but I cannot go back to KSM after booting. any ideas?

//so right after booting the only the that is available is my last opened .cbz file, what I can do is change light sensitivity upwards (downwards doesnt work) and I can flip pages forward with swiping (backward doesnt work) :/

Last edited by hkckoo; 11-06-2016 at 05:13 PM.
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
I had to do a factory reset, but would like to know what happened, is this some issue with the latest nightly release? I tried many previous versions before 671 and they all worked..
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
It is already reported issue: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2314

It looks that cause of the problem is updating koreader through OTA service and not using PC uploaded version you can find here: http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

From people's comments full downloads work fine, but something went wrong with OTA servers. Hopefully, soon we also will have working OTA updates (without glitches like this).

And also, you now know that it is wise to set at least 1-2 seconds in KSM to choose option other than the one that causes you problem.

Last edited by Alan_S; 11-06-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The "home" icon in KOReader should exit to KSM, in the situation the OP describes. Once back in KSM changes can be made.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote