Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
mrowz
mrowz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini/iPhone 6
DeDRM no longer works with automatic adding?

Recently lost my old system and didn't have a proper backup

With my previus setup, Hazel would automatically copy downloaded Kindle books into a folder that Calibre monitored for automatic adding. DeDRM would do its magic, and Calibre would convert the Kindle books to epubs.

Just installed the latest Calibre and DeDRM and this is no longer working —*the Kindle books are not having the DRM removed. DeDRM works if I manually import them.

Is there any way to make this work?
mrowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
annekaelber
Enthusiast
annekaelber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 8.0
I see your post didn't get any replies, but you caught my attention with the "automatic adding". HOW? I feel like I spend so much time downloading/importing/updating metadata... the list goes on!

Sadly, I'm still searching the forum for my current issue.
Anne
annekaelber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by annekaelber View Post
I see your post didn't get any replies, but you caught my attention with the "automatic adding". HOW? I feel like I spend so much time downloading/importing/updating metadata... the list goes on!
I was interested too! I never knew this was possible. I found an article where someone described where the setting is. It worked for me, even for a DRM-locked book. (I have the Calibre addons to unlock the books.).

To do it, choose or create the folder you want to use, then go to Calibre Preferences > Adding Books > Automatic adding tab. Choose your preferences and save changes. You may need to restart Calibre. I'm using version 3.48 of Calibre. I haven't updated since then because one of the newer versions was reported to not function with one of my add-ons. I never kept up with the revisions to see if the issue was resolved. I can't attest to whether this function has changed in later versions.

Last edited by Mikou; 07-23-2021 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Updated info about what worked for me
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote