Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #46
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Thanks alot for putting so much work into such a great project!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hmm

I have to concede that today is not one of my best days, so maybe I am all wrong here.

TOC:
It is simple, though:

Why can't I have an option that tells the TOC editor: I want only h2 and h3 considered when you are making that TOC, like this:

h2
h3
h3
h2
h3
h3

and ignore all the other header tags (h1, h4, h5, h6), so I can use those tags for layout only.
i see what you mean, and i agree, this would be nice as a user option to be defined, since i usually use h1 for main title, h2 for author, and h3 for chapters. did you make an enhancement request in the tracker ?
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #48
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Why can't I have an option that tells the TOC editor: I want only h2 and h3 considered when you are making that TOC, like this:

h2
h3
h3
h2
h3
h3

and ignore all the other header tags (h1, h4, h5, h6), so I can use those tags for layout only.
You can select which headers end up in the TOC right now. There is an "Include" column in the TOC editor that removes that header from the TOC, but preserves it in the source.

But it seems you want to eliminate some heading levels from the TOC automatically. This you can't do right now. Create an enhancement request issue in the tracker, I'll need to think about this feature some more.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #49
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
You can select which headers end up in the TOC right now. There is an "Include" column in the TOC editor that removes that header from the TOC, but preserves it in the source.

But it seems you want to eliminate some heading levels from the TOC automatically. This you can't do right now. Create an enhancement request issue in the tracker, I'll need to think about this feature some more.
It actually does something like this (bug?) if there is a <span> within an <h1> and i choose not to include it in the toc it takes it out of the h1 and places it in a <p>

If i choose not to include this in the TOC....
PHP Code:
<h1 align=center style='text-align:center'><span style='font-size:36.0pt'>Book Title</span></h1

...it changes it into this

PHP Code:
  <h1 class="sgc-6 sgc-2 sgc-2 sigilNotInTOC"></h1>

<
p>Book Title</p

Edit:

Testing it a bit more it seems that the style within the span is the thing that causes this because with just a span with no style it does not do this

Last edited by Catire; 08-02-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #50
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
It actually does something like this (bug?) if there is a <span> within an <h1> and i choose not to include it in the toc it takes it out of the h1 and places it in a <p>
I am aware of this problem. Please create an issue on the tracker. For now, don't include any elements inside the heading tags, only text.

EDIT: Don't forget to attach your source file and the steps you took that led to this problem.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-02-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #51
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I also fond a problem with generated id's. Some are the same, and that cause the TOC to mess up.
I completely missed this post. Please attach both your source file and the epub file with the messed up ID's. If true, this would be a major bug.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #52
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Hi,

I just downloaded the tool and I have to say it is awesome. I had been looking for something like this for some time now. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'd just like to mention that, although I'm filing lots of bug reports and enhancement requests, I am more and more impressed with Sigil as I continue to work with it. Not yet feature complete, but the basics are there, and it's nicely stable so far. Good job!

It's already a lot, LOT better than eCub, which I could never get to generate a workable ePub at all, let alone one that approaches what I want in my ebook.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #54
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'd just like to mention that, although I'm filing lots of bug reports and enhancement requests,
Yes, I've noticed . I was thinking of maybe sending you an off-line version of the tracker so you can play with it in your spare time.

Seriously though, feel free to create any issue you think is necessary. Your issues are thoughtful and well written. The more bugs you find and enhancements you request, the better for Sigil.

Quote:
I am more and more impressed with Sigil as I continue to work with it. Not yet feature complete, but the basics are there, and it's nicely stable so far. Good job!
Nowhere near feature complete, and likely won't be for quite some time. But I'm working on it. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #55
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I'd just like to mention that, although I'm filing lots of bug reports and enhancement requests, I am more and more impressed with Sigil as I continue to work with it. Not yet feature complete, but the basics are there, and it's nicely stable so far. Good job!

It's already a lot, LOT better than eCub, which I could never get to generate a workable ePub at all, let alone one that approaches what I want in my ebook.
Absolutely. It's a great piece of software for an alpha version.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #56
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Looks quite nice. A dedicated editor, great!

Hope it's okay that I'll wait for the first rather stable beta version before giving it a try. But then, I will.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #57
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
This is most excellent
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #58
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'm opening Calibre epubs just fine on Linux (running Ubuntu Jaunty). You'll have to provide some more information.
I am also having problems opening epubs generated with calibre... and I am on a mac OSX 10.5.7...
would the crash report be useful?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #59
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I am also having problems opening epubs generated with calibre... and I am on a mac OSX 10.5.7...
would the crash report be useful?
A new comment on this issue in the tracker with this new epub file included would be even more useful.

Feel free to include the report too.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #60
rcuadro
Wizard

I attached the file and the crash report but I dont see my comment. Weird. I will open another report just in case...
Closed Thread