Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
z537815
Enthusiast
z537815 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo TB-X704F
Metadata and Calibre

Just installed Sigil 1.0 and am trying to update metadata with calibre:series and calibre:series_index.

Two questions:

[1] Is this still possible?
[2] If so, how? Should I put it in as properties of a meta-tag? What do I specify as the value of the meta-tag?

"Custom Ëlement" under "Add Metadata" doesn't work anymore. I can Add a Custom Element and specify all the values, but if I save the lot, and try to retrieve it (F8), it's gone.
z537815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Yes, you can.
- Click the metadata editor (looks like an 'i' on a book, F8, or Tools/Metadata Editor)
- Click the "Add Metadata" button in the editor
- Select both "Series" and "Series Index", then fill in the blanks

Personally I have that code set as a clip and just click on the button with the cursor in the .opf file.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
z537815
Enthusiast

Turtle91, I can't.

- I call up the metadata editor (F8)
- click "Add Metadata"
- under "Add metadata property" I see a list of properties, but no calibre:series or calibre:series_index.

Should I somehow use Meta element (primary)?

I'm running Sigil 1.0.0 / Loaded Qt: 5.12.6 / Build time: 2019.12.17 16:45:11 UTC.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
z537815
Enthusiast

(my previous reply-attempt seems to have disappeared, so...)

No, I can't. If I do F8 and Add Metadata, I don't see calibre:series and calibre:series_index at all.

I do, however, see Meta Element (primary). If I choose that, specify 1 as the meta value, and calibre:series_index as the property_name, the OPF-file entry looks oke.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z537815 View Post
No, I can't. If I do F8 and Add Metadata, I don't see calibre:series and calibre:series_index at all.
The name of the entries are Series and Series Index. AFAIK, you can only select these entries for epub2 books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_series.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	176699  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
z537815
Enthusiast

Ouch! That's unfortunate. My problem is, indeed, with an EPUB 3.0-file.

No way around this?
Old 01-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z537815 View Post
No way around this?
You can always add series information manually in the MetaData Editor:

1. Select Add Metadata > Belongs to Collection and enter the name of the series.
2. Highlight Belongs to Collection, select Add Property > Group Position and enter the series number.
3. Highlight Belongs to Collection, select Add Property > Collection Type: Series.

Of course, you could also simply paste the following section in the content.opf metadata section and update the values marked in blue.

Code:
<meta property="belongs-to-collection" id="series">Name of the series</meta>
<meta property="collection-type" refines="#series">series</meta>
<meta property="group-position" refines="#series">1</meta>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For the record, this is not new to Sigil 1.0. This would have been the case from way back when we changed the metadata editor to work with both epub2 and epub3.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #9
z537815
Enthusiast

Alas, this won't solve my problem, which, to be sure, is neither a Sigil-problem nor an EPUB 3.x-problem. It's an Aldiko-issue. This Reader doesn't recognize the new series-specification. Perhaps in a next release.

Anyway, thanks for all the info, and in the meantime I've found a work-around: I've manually edited the OPF-file (<meta name="..." content="..." /> and that works.

Tags
calibre, meta, metadata