Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 03:10 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
folks who are "on the fence" should get one while they can then.

its likely that china problems will disrupt factory manufacture and shipping,

I read somewhere that Kindle Oasis is already affected
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:21 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok

sales in UK are rare/ non existent

I tracked prices for months before buying, there was never a cheap day /week
checking kobo (Uk) site pricing for you now. the Forma is £239, same as it's always been.

what country was your sale price in ?
In Australia, Kobo has a sale on for the devices three or four times a year. That's rare enough that you I probably wouldn't wait for one if I needed a new device. Also, they usually only have one device on sale at a time. But, I just looked, and they have two devices on sale at the moment.

For the record, at the moment, the Forma is $379.95 instead of $429.95, and the Clara HD is $159.95 instead of $179.95.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:24 AM   #18
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Interesting: In Europe they have also at least 4 times a year a discount for the cheapest model: in this case the Clara from €129 for €109.

But I checked due to your last post: this week there is now also a discount for the Forma: from €279,99 for €279,00 (no kidding )

And this is with several retailers at the same time, so I guess it is orchestrated by Kobo itself somehow.

Last edited by DrChiper; 03-16-2020 at 06:29 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:38 AM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Interesting: In Europe they have also at least 4 times a year a discount for the cheapest model: in this case the Clara from €129 for €109.

But I checked due to your last post: this week there is now also a discount for the Forma: from €279,99 for €279,00 (no kidding )

And this is with several retailers at the same time, so I guess it is orchestrated by Kobo itself somehow.
in the Uk , Kobo do seem to enforce uniform prices somehow ( even though that's probably illegal) I have never seen a difference of more than £1 between UK retailers. Main difference I found is that John Lewis give 2 year warranty, others only give the standard 1 year, but JL do that for pretty much everything they sell, not just Kobo.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #20
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok

sales in UK are rare/ non existent

I tracked prices for months before buying, there was never a cheap day /week
checking kobo (Uk) site pricing for you now. the Forma is £239, same as it's always been.

what country was your sale price in ?
sorry, yes, should have mentioned in post that it was regin spesific
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo, lighting malfunction