Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
bethaneyl
bethaneyl began at the beginning.

Device: not sure yet
New, to it all!!!

THIS ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE DELETED LIKE I REQUESTED TIME AND TIME AGAIN.....
SO FUCKING DELETE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bethaneyl; 06-04-2010 at 02:14 AM.
bethaneyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
You have discoverey the great conundrum ofebook readers. Basically PDF is difficult (in many cases) for today's most common readers since they were usually designed for 8.5x11 paper. If the PDF is pure text (or mostly text), i.e. not images of text but actual text so that it can be made to reflow, then there are methods (not really good IMO) to convert. Mobipocket Creator can use that type PDF as input to output a PRC file.

OTOH .LIT can be converted with ConvertLit. I don't use it but am somewhat aware of its existance.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Beth!

My first dedicated reader was the EBW1150. It is a wonderful device, but there are lots of limits on content.

It will not ever read PDF's. It only reads things in IMP format, which is almost extinct.

If you have a big collection that you want to continue to use, then probably keeping them to read on your PC is your best choice, and just concentrate on getting a reader for any new books you buy.

Look at the eBookwise book selection and see if you will be satisfied purchasing from them exclusively, or if you will feel comfortable enough to do some slightly illegal finagling to convert purchases to IMP format.

If you think you would rather have more options for purchasing ebooks, then maybe you would be wise to consider a variety of devices.

I loved my EBW1150 with all my heart and soul, but the chore of converting purchases every time finally got to being more trouble than it was worth.

Let us know what you decide, please.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Check the wiki out or the sticky post for new users here. NIck has explained the various tools better then I can.

There are converters here for LIT to IMP and PDF to IMP. Beware though that PDF files are junky and may not convert very well. I have no problems and contiune to purcahse the best sellers and just convert them to IMP.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Mobipocket Creator can use that type PDF as input to output a PRC file.
This works very well with .pdf ebooks that were created from text/word files. Just take the resulting .prc and convert it to .imp using Mobi2IMP.

If the .pdf is too complicated and fails to convert well, then there is always an image-based solution using PDFRead.

Quote:
OTOH .LIT can be converted with ConvertLit. I don't use it but am somewhat aware of its existance.
Actually, a one-(double)click method exists to easily convert .lit directly into .imp using Lit2sb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Look at the eBookwise book selection and see if you will be satisfied purchasing from them exclusively, or
Try looking for Multi-formatted ebooks at eBookwise's parent company, www.fictionwise.com (now owned by Barnes & Noble). If you like their selection of ebooks, then they too can be transferred to the EBW1150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Check the wiki out or the sticky post for new users here. Nick has explained the various tools better then I can.

Our software wiki can be found at IMP software and the Sticky in this forum for Newbies is Attention: All eBookwise newbies!

There are several ways to transfer .imp ebooks to the reader and most are listed in our poll on the subject entitled: How do you get new content onto your eBookwise 1150 / REB 1200?

And be sure to look at Impserve which primarily transfers .imp's to the reader and can be found here along with my impserve plugins and mini-tutorial.

Happy researching...

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-30-2009 at 07:56 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
great little reader

I LOVE my eb1150.

It is a great little ereader. That being said, there are some challenges. The .lit books you can very easily use Convertlit on, and it works beautifully, I use it all the time.

Non-drm'd PDF's can generally be copied into notepad and saved as a text file. DRM'd pdfs? They are more of a challenge.

My advice? if you are fairly conversant in computers and willing to take the extra time to convert your files into the .imp format having a EB1150 is a great!

If you are not comfortable having to convert files? I would go with a different reader. Though due to the lack of industry standarization in file types most ereaders will require you to do some conversion. Since sometimes they only release a book in 1 format, which of course has to be the format your ereader doesn't support.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
bethaneyl
bethaneyl began at the beginning.

Device: not sure yet
DELETE THIS DAMN ACCOUNT

Last edited by bethaneyl; 06-04-2010 at 02:14 AM.
bethaneyl is offline   Reply With Quote