Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #151
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Now into kobopatch.yaml we can't put the same file in two places

Code:
  src/fonts/IBMPlexMono-Regular.ttf: mnt/onboard/fonts/IBMPlexMono-Regular.ttf
  src/fonts/IBMPlexMono-Regular.ttf: mnt/onboard/adds./koreader/fonts/ibm/IBMPlexMono-Regular.ttf

Fatal: Could not parse kobopatch.yaml: yaml: unmarshal errors:
  line 156: key "src/fonts/IBMPlexMono-Regular.ttf" already set in map
Why?

Note: no log was created.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #152
MeiGuddet
MeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura (Mark 5)
Hi! I'm new to this forum, registered today, but I'm following since about 2 years already.
Today I tried this new patching tool and I found a problem, but didn't found a solution here yet (or maybe I didn't read it right, sorry, if so). My device is Kobo Aura (Mark 5).
I tried patching FW 4.9.11314 with editing the kobopatch.yaml. In libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml I'm using the patch "Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta" and I can enable it. But how do I enable in stage 2 of this patch the font-family, font-size an the line spacing? When I uncomment the ReplaceStrings manually in the file and then run the kobopatch.bat with the overrides in the kobopatch.yaml, I'm getting an error: "Fatal: Could not read and parse patch file src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: could not parse patch file: error parsing patch file: yaml: line 1330: did not find expected key".
I also tried copying this patch in a extra file, added the 2 lines in the kobopatch.yaml (like described in the tips post on first page) and commented out the original patch in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, but this doesn't work either, it ends with an error (don't remember it now exactly).
Can someone please tell me, what I'm doing wrong?
MeiGuddet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #153
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiGuddet View Post
Can someone please tell me, what I'm doing wrong?
This patch is one of mine. Please can you post here the complete 2 files you are using for:
- kobopatch.yaml
- libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml

You probably can't attach .yaml files here but you can zip them into a .zip and attach that if it's easier.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #154
MeiGuddet
MeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheese

@jackie_w: Here are the two files in a zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch_dictionary.zip (14.7 KB, 170 views)
Old 08-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #155
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiGuddet View Post
@jackie_w: Here are the two files in a zip.
The only problem here is in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file and it's easy to fix.

The 3 lines you have uncommented in Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta need an extra space at the beginning of each line. It should be 2 spaces before each '- ReplaceString' (without the quotes) rather than one space. In other words the 3 lines (1331, 1336, 1339) should be indented exactly the same as the - Enabled: no and the - FindReplaceString: on lines 1282 and 1304 above them.

Fix this and you should be fine. Hope this helps
Advert
Old 08-07-2018, 06:57 AM   #156
MeiGuddet

@jackie_w: Oh my goodness, such a stupid mistake, it's just to not see the forest for the trees.
You are right, now it worked fine and I got my patched .tgz.
so much for your help.

@geek1011: Now patching is so much easier and faster, I really appreciate your kobopatcher.

Last edited by MeiGuddet; 08-07-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #157
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Progresive A1 4.10

Here we go with the first update.
Remember it is optimised for A1 therefore, if you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Note: libnickel part doesn't change.
Good luck.

Update:
They've removed it, but I don't have any issue... I have not deeply test it though.
I should have add:

Use at your own risk, I can't warranty that it will not cause issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE.yaml_A1_4.10.zip (53.5 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by jcn363; 08-22-2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Update
Old 08-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #158
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

4.10.11591 nickel patch `Dictionary pop-up frame size increase`

An early warning about the above patch which makes the dictionary pop-up widget bigger.

Some of the nickel code we have been using to achieve the size increase has been removed in 4.10.11591. I have only had a quick look at the new nickel code but it is not immediately obvious to me how to reproduce the old effects.

Consequently, you will need to disable this patch until further notice.

I will keep looking for a new solution over the next few days, but no guarantees. If anyone has any bright ideas don't hesitate to PM me

Update:
I've had another look and still cannot see any way to define a custom dictionary pop-up frame size. However parts of the old patch can be salvaged to reduce some of the excess whitespace used (header, footer, margins) and this will result in an increased text area available for the actual dictionary definitions.

I have sent a proposed replacement patch to geek1011 for inclusion in the standard pack.

Please note the new patch name has been changed to Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area so as not to be misleading.

Last edited by jackie_w; 08-22-2018 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Update
Old 08-22-2018, 01:10 AM   #159
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches for 4.10.11591

EDIT: I mixed up some of my files, so I posted this by accident. I'll release the patch zip once GeoffR updates his patches.

Last edited by geek1011; 08-22-2018 at 03:01 AM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:55 AM   #160
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Here we go with the first update.
Remember it is optimised for A1 therefore, if you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Note: libnickel part doesn't change.
Good luck.
So it's safe to install 4.10 for KA1 using KA1 limited firmware, and use this patch?

i ask this cause there is no firmware 4.10.11591 for KA1.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #161
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
So it's safe to install 4.10 for KA1 using KA1 limited firmware, and use this patch?

i ask this cause there is no firmware 4.10.11591 for KA1.
They removed it, but I don't have any issue... I have not test it though.
Good luck.
Still download

Last edited by jcn363; 08-22-2018 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Download
Old 08-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #162
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have released kobopatch v0.9.0. It will be available in the next release of the patches (currently waiting on GeoffR's patches; all the other patches have been ported).

This release adds a --firmware flag (thanks to norbusan), which allows the firmware file to be overridden from the command line. This release also allows reading a config file from stdin, or any file (not just the one in the current directory). There is also a bugfix for an edge case where there is no error when trying to replace bytes which don't start immediately at the offset (but no patches have encountered this bug so far, so this is a proactive fix).

Last edited by geek1011; 08-22-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #163
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
They removed it, but I don't have any issue... I have not test it though.
Good luck.
Still download
thanks man!

I will try that as soon as a patch will be online!
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #164
geek1011
Wizard

Patches for firmware 4.10.11591

I have released the kobopatch patches (v9) for firmware 4.10.11591.

Most of the patches stayed the same, except for @jackie_w's "Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area" patch (which she updated), my "Rename new home screen footer" patch ("SHOP KOBO" turned into "Shop Kobo"), and GeoffR's libnickel patches (which I updated and tested, as he hasn't released an updated version yet).

Since GeoffR hasn't updated his patches yet, and I had some spare time, I decided to update and test them myself. The notes I created while doing so (which might be useful for other people) are here.

Note that GeoffR's "My 24 line spacing values" patch is currently missing, until he updates it, as I couldn't figure out exactly how it works.

Download

Last edited by geek1011; 08-23-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #165
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Most of the patches stayed the same, except for @jackie_w's "Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area" patch (which he updated)
Thanks. Minor nit-pick - I'm a she

Tags
kobo, kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb