Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #571
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by roen.v.touli View Post
Such a simple solution I can't believe I overlooked it! I use that function to link to ISDNDB and LOC. Thank you Red.

I tested as a link in comments and works great. What I am thinking though is that I would like the mind maps to show in the tag browser to filter like tags but show as a link in comments like ISBN or author. I think I would need a text like column with the file path and an additional column from column showing in tag browser and as a link in comments...I am just not sure of the template language I would use.

For example, if I have a dataset, or mind map, at path 'user/.docear/mindmapX1' how do I show that in the tag browser under category "Mind Map" as "mindmapX1" with a link in comments "Mind Map: mindmapX1"
@roen.v.touli - OK here's my 'idea'

I created a folder on my E: drive called Mind Maps, see Capture1, it has one file called Test Map.txt

In my Test Library I created a custom column named Mind Maps, see Capture2

Custom Comments columns can be shown as a columns in the Book List, but due to their very nature they're not very pretty - so I put them behind an small icon - this is done in Preferences->Look and Feel->Column Icons see Capture3 (I will put the icon file I am using here as the last attachment - IMO best results are square 128x128 png files with transparent background)

In the book list I highlight the Mind Maps cell in a Book, press F2, and the free standing Comments editor pops up - see Capture4

Now I enter data into the Mind Map cell, I enter a header "Mind Map" then I use the Link Widget - see Capture 5

In Capture 6 you see the result - I put the Mind Maps Column in Book Details, so I click on First Mind Map (the label I entered for the E:\Mind Maps\Test Map.txt in previous step) and up pops the Test Map - in my case its a text file, so Notepad++ pops up

Hope that helps

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	120926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	120927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	120928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	120929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	120930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture6.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	120931  
Attached Images

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #572
roen.v.touli
roen.v.touli began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@roen.v.touli - OK here's my 'idea'

I created a folder on my E: drive called Mind Maps, see Capture1, it has one file called Test Map.txt

In my Test Library I created a custom column named Mind Maps, see Capture2

Custom Comments columns can be shown as a columns in the Book List, but due to their very nature they're not very pretty - so I put them behind an small icon - this is done in Preferences->Look and Feel->Column Icons see Capture3 (I will put the icon file I am using here as the last attachment - IMO best results are square 128x128 png files with transparent background)

In the book list I highlight the Mind Maps cell in a Book, press F2, and the free standing Comments editor pops up - see Capture4

Now I enter data into the Mind Map cell, I enter a header "Mind Map" then I use the Link Widget - see Capture 5

In Capture 6 you see the result - I put the Mind Maps Column in Book Details, so I click on First Mind Map (the label I entered for the E:\Mind Maps\Test Map.txt in previous step) and up pops the Test Map - in my case its a text file, so Notepad++ pops up

Hope that helps

BR
It helps, but it is not completely what I am looking for. It has given me a new thought process on how to accomplish what I am looking for. Let me play around a little bit and I will write if I need more help or cannot figure it out.

Thank you Red.
roen.v.touli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #573
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen.v.touli View Post
It helps, but it is not completely what I am looking for. It has given me a new thought process on how to accomplish what I am looking for. Let me play around a little bit and I will write if I need more help or cannot figure it out.

Thank you Red.
I usually look for a loosely coupled solution first, its often good enough, but even if its not, it gives a better idea of the 'points' at which benefits would accrue from tight integration.

Early tight integration can mean you drive a 9" nail where you only needed a thumb-tack, or you use a velcro strip where you really needed a dynabolt

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-26-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:28 AM   #574
devils_add
devils_add began at the beginning.

A suggestion for metadata updated for pdf files without having to export and re-import the files for update.
devils_add is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #575
TheTruthBetween
TheTruthBetween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
I'm hoping that I'm not suggesting something already here, but I don't have time to check the entire thread. I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyway.

First thing I'm looking for is a plugin that allows me to add books to specific shelves. I tend to add a lot of books at a time, and trying to remember which ones go on which shelves can be a pain.

Second thing I'm looking for is a way to download covers from fanfiction.net. I use FanFictionDL, but it doesn't add the covers, so I have to go through and manually add them, which takes forever.
TheTruthBetween is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #576
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthBetween View Post
First thing I'm looking for is a plugin that allows me to add books to specific shelves. I tend to add a lot of books at a time, and trying to remember which ones go on which shelves can be a pain.
If you're talking about shelves on a particular e-reader, please specify. Some can and some can't.

Quote:
Second thing I'm looking for is a way to download covers from fanfiction.net. I use FanFictionDL, but it doesn't add the covers, so I have to go through and manually add them, which takes forever.
FFDL can download ffnet cover images. It defaults to not making covers because ffnet displays the author image for so many stories. Add this to the personal.ini tab in FFDL config:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
never_make_cover: false
And make sure you have include images turned on, of course.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #577
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
As you have Kobo Mini listed in your device info perhaps this thread in the Kobo forum can help you to use your calibre metadata to automatically add books to the relevant shelves/collections on the Kobo.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:18 AM   #578
TheTruthBetween
TheTruthBetween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Ooo! Thank you both, that's perfect!
TheTruthBetween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #579
Sidetrack
Enthusiast
Sidetrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Image Optimizer

It would be very handy to be able to optimize the images in an ePub, mobi or AZW file.

There are a lot of books with 100k of text and 8mb of images. Something that could combine duplicates, optimize format, trim borders, and resize to device spec could reduce library sizes significantly. Most books I have don't require archive/print quality.

It can be done manually of course with something like RIOT or Photoshop, but it's tedious and if you end up changing the format it's a lot of search and replace to switch all the .jpg to .gif
Sidetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #580
Bart274
Bart274 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to enter several email addresses in order to send an automated newsletter.
I want to add the email addresses of my friends in a list and use this plugin to automatically send an email to those friends at the first day of each month with all the books/comics that have been added to my Calibre library in the last month.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Bart
Bart274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #581
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart274 View Post
I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to enter several email addresses in order to send an automated newsletter.
I want to add the email addresses of my friends in a list and use this plugin to automatically send an email to those friends at the first day of each month with all the books/comics that have been added to my Calibre library in the last month.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Bart
Calibre e-mail accepts a (standard) list of recipients.

But what you propose is a possible copyright violation unless all those are in the public domain.
MR rules prohibit providing assistance in copyright violation.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #582
contezero
contezero began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi all I am new user. Sorry for my terrible english I am italian....

This is my idea for calibre plug-in, is based on page count plug in.
This plug in is not for useful purposes but just to satisfy a curiosity that maybe others might have.

The purpose of my plug-in is to answer the question: "how big is (approximately) my calibre library in real life?"
My idea is a plug in to create picture like this:

Info on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Size_in_volumes

We add up the total number of pages in calibre library, divide it by the average number of pages in a book (book of medium size) and we create the image with books and stacks. The hard part should be just what creates the image, the rest is a very simple algorithm.

Thank you for having listened my idea

P.S. The human in figure is the human in Pioneer plaque

Last edited by contezero; 05-10-2014 at 01:15 PM.
contezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #583
ghessel
ghessel began at the beginning.

Device: mac -PC
Hi,
I'm lookink for auto scroll plugin. This is for someone with no movement.
Thanks
ghessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #584
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghessel View Post
Hi,
Thanks
This not a plugin as was requested, and so maybe off-topic, however if they are a Windows user and have speech, have they considered trying its built in Speech Recognition in its options for accessibility (other operating systems probably offer similar, but I cannot comment on them)?

If they haven't then the only cost to set it up to try is that for a cheap microphone or headset.

Among the many voice commands, scrolling in all directions is supported.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #585
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghessel View Post
Hi,
Thanks
I'm assuming you mean in the ebook viewer

The Javascript library "JQuery' has as an Autoscroll plug-in ===>>> http://www.yeesiang.com/jquery.autoScroller/demo.htm. There's bound to be others.

I think (could be wrong though) the webkit layout engine that calibre uses supports Javascript. Ergo it ought to be possible - but via a plugin - hmmmm?

If its to be universally available then it might require a customised version of the ebook-viewer code.

I have a vague memory that there is a thread here somewhere about voice commands in calibre (sorry I can't find it right now) which IIRC Kovid indicated there were some problems with integrating voice control with the Qt library. That may change with a later version of Qt, which again IIRC is on foot as we speak, but how close it is - we'll just have to see. But I may have dreamt it all, too, or got calibre confused with something else.

If it is the book viewer you're after, then maybe there's a reader for IOS and/or Android that does auto scroll with voice control - you can run Android on Windows using Blue<something> Streak maybe

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe