Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by frafra View Post
I think I will go with the Aura H2O, mostly because of support/community.
I think that is a good choice, given that you can get the H2O2 cheaper than the Vision HD4. The extra real estate comes in handy (the 6.8" vs 6" is a significant step up).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #32
frafra
frafra began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX M92 (broken), Kobo Aura HD (stolen), Kobo Aura H2O 2nd ed.
Got it! 6.8'' is a good size: big but not too much (I can keep it in my hand). Coloured backlight is much more relaxing and useful than expected. I downloaded a book from my public library website, opened it with ADE 2 on WinXP VM and sent to the Kobo: everything worked just fine. The browser has an handy Pocket button.
I have a couple of big PDF files: if you just use the full screen view they work just fine, otherwise you can have issues with them. I will try koreader in the future. I am very satisfied right now.

Thank you for all your suggestions!
frafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #33
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frafra View Post
Got it! 6.8'' is a good size: big but not too much (I can keep it in my hand). Coloured backlight is much more relaxing and useful than expected. I downloaded a book from my public library website, opened it with ADE 2 on WinXP VM and sent to the Kobo: everything worked just fine. The browser has an handy Pocket button.
I have a couple of big PDF files: if you just use the full screen view they work just fine, otherwise you can have issues with them. I will try koreader in the future. I am very satisfied right now.

Thank you for all your suggestions!
Congratulations. It sounds like you made a good choice. I didn't even know the H2O 2 had the comfort light. I might have to try the VM option for ADE. I haven't used a VM in quite a while.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote