Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 01:18 AM   #46
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Well, I wasted $3. I found an old mini-USB cord around the house. I found out the PRS-505 is updated to the last firmware already. It was just full of the original format books.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #47
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
My first reader was the new jetBook Lite, which I bought in 2009.

It still works fine, and I still use it from time to time.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #48
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I don’t remember when I bought my PRS-650, but it still holds a charge longer than either my Kindle PW3 or Kobo Glo HD.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:47 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It looks like the firmware on the PRS-500 was just slightly too old to support ePub (it does support Adobe DRM PDF). Firmware version 2.0.00 1425 1 (c) 2006-2009.) When I load an ePub on it, it just doesn't show up in the Menu.
The 500 had to be sent in to Sony to bet upgraded to support ePub. I think Sony had to open it and do something to the 500 to get ePub support. But I have to congratulate Sony for doing it. Amazon should have done the same thing with KF8 on all their older Kindles.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #50
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 500 had to be sent in to Sony to bet upgraded to support ePub. I think Sony had to open it and do something to the 500 to get ePub support. But I have to congratulate Sony for doing it. Amazon should have done the same thing with KF8 on all their older Kindles.
My PRS-500 worked fine with ePub. You just needed to upgrade the firmware, something that required using their program to do. Yea, I know what Wiki says, but I sure as heck never sent my PRS-500 in for anything.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #51
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I have an AZTAK EZReader (6 inch) than still works fine. It's on its third battery.

It was designed to use an easily accessible, user replaceable battery.
Greg Anos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #52
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I have no idea why I bought two Kobo Wifi (N647) from shopgoodwill some time ago. They worked for a while then the D-pad for one crumbled. I set a picture as a background and it worked for a while until the battery died. The other one did some update and found out the fix was flash the sd card. . . didn't want to spend money on a card reader so I took out the memory card and put it in another device. Since then started giving away my old ereaders so other people may get some use of it. .

My old Sony's ereaders are still going strong. . .
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #53
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
My Sony PRS-650 is over 9 years old and still works perfectly. If it a front light, I would still probably be using it.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:25 AM   #54
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
My Kindle DX turned 6 back in march. Still almost perfect
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #55
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingMaNs View Post
I also found my Zune from 2006. Works perfectly!
Just one?

(A misleading picture, as the 8GB and HD no longer hold a charge more than a few minutes. Battery replacement requires soldering.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FiveZunes.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	620.2 KB
ID:	179008  
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:12 PM   #56
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Just one?

(A misleading picture, as the 8GB and HD no longer hold a charge more than a few minutes. Battery replacement requires soldering.)
I kinda wish I'd gotten a Zune. I use an old Microsoft Lumia 735(?) as an MP3 player.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:34 PM   #57
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I kinda wish I'd gotten a Zune. I use an old Microsoft Lumia 735(?) as an MP3 player.
I still have my Zune. It was hands down better than an iPod. It was much easier to add music to my Zune. It would automatically check my music folder and add anything new. My iPod required me to manually choose new music files or folders before I could add them.
Right now I mainly use my Onkyo DPS-X1A. I like it because it has 64 GB of onboard storage and will hold two micro SD cards with up to 256 GB each. I have music on one card and Audio books on the other. It also has Wi-Fi and I can play music from Amazon, Sirius/XM and other services.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:47 PM   #58
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I still have my Zune. It was hands down better than an iPod. It was much easier to add music to my Zune. It would automatically check my music folder and add anything new. My iPod required me to manually choose new music files or folders before I could add them.
Yeah, iTunes and the iPod alone showed me that Apple and I just don't see eye-to-eye.

Quote:
Right now I mainly use my Onkyo DPS-X1A. I like it because it has 64 GB of onboard storage and will hold two micro SD cards with up to 256 GB each. I have music on one card and Audio books on the other. It also has Wi-Fi and I can play music from Amazon, Sirius/XM and other services.
Apache
My current phone is good enough for me and better than most MP3 players will ever be. But I always wanted to mess around with Windows Phone, so I bought the old Lumia.

It's a shame Microsoft didn't take phones seriously until it was too late. My better half had an early smart phone with Windows Mobile on it and it was atrocious. But Windows Phone is great.

For now, the Lumia's loaded with old radio shows. I just ordered a larger SD card that I can add all my music to, and I'll do it, but really my Pixel will see far more use.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-02-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:16 AM   #59
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
My Aztak EZ Reader still works.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #60
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I recently dropped a kindle keyboard (version 2 I think) into a bin at a thrift store. It still worked ok, but didn't hold much of a charge. Somebody maybe will pick it up for a few bucks and have the battery replaced.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote