Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Dave00pi
Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up HOT NEW RELEASE: Boys of The Great BB Gun War

Product Description
BOYS OF THE GREAT BB GUN WAR December 2011
By David J. Agostine

The early 1980s were a peaceful time in rural America. The conflict in Vietnam may have ended, but for many children of US veterans, future wars against the enemies of freedom seemed all but certain.

A few kids vowed to prepare themselves.

BOYS OF THE GREAT BB GUN WAR is a gritty account of how three clever and seemingly innocent boys gathered an army of young followers to hone their skills for military combat. Together they will explore the limits of human cruelty and acquire the weapons to turn their small farming town into a war zone.

Brad is a brilliant tactician, cunning and calculating- He will stop at nothing to get power over others and keep it.

Joel is a student of warfare, Nazi loyalist and expert in brutality. He has a knack for inflicting pain and torment on his friends- His enemies find no reprieve.

The third boy is charming and good-natured and is the tie that binds them. Marcus Adario has unique abilities and a closely guarded secret- he has lived before and something other than his scattered memories has followed him here to this lifetime. Marcus learns that unseen angelic beings with questionable intentions are guiding his fate and that he is no stranger to bloodshed.

When a practice battle against a group of rival kids goes too far, some adult relatives come looking for payback and realize the boys of “Freedom’s Faction” have armed themselves with more than just BB guns. The FF must now fight a war on two fronts, as another group is also searching for the boys to recover a stockpile of stolen weapons- The US Army.

In the end, only divine intervention can save them.

Available now for the Kindle amazon.com/Boys-Great-Book-Fallen-ebook ... t_ep_dpt_1
All Online Retailers: 12/24/11
Print 02/01/12

CUSTOMER REVIEWS FOR: BOYS OF THE GREAT BB GUN WAR

"Mr. Agostine grabbed my attention in the prologue and never let go! He did an outstanding job of blending "sci-fi" with "real life." I cared about all of the main characters and rooted for them through thick and thin and I liked them even when they did some really, really bad stuff. When I was reading Boys of the Great BB Gun War, I didn't simply want to know what happened next.....I NEEDED to know what happened next. Couldn't put it down! Great read!" (5 Stars)[/quote]

Last edited by Dave00pi; 05-14-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling Error.. opps : )
Dave00pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Ecat034
Ecat034 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Sounds interesting.... will definitely give it a look!
Ecat034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:58 AM   #3
Dave00pi
Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Dave00pi knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thank You Ecat034 : )
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Ecat034
Ecat034 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Ok, so I have to say, YOUR BOYS ARE CRAZY! Lol... Love them! And even though Chris was a minor character (and I hate to use that term because it sometimes implies the character was flat or two-dimensional and by the end of the story he was anything but that... he had clearly been changed by his experiences), he was my favorite! I was impressed by how you developed his character in such a small amount of "book time."

Without giving anything away to those who are reading it now, I would love to pick your brain on the very unique foreshadowing that took place in chapter 9 and what inspired the character, Joe. Honestly, when I realized who "the young boy" was, I was completely disturbed! By the end of the story, however, I didn't see the complete potential this foreshadowing alluded to, though it did add a whole new dimension to his character for me. Will you be developing this further in the next book?
Ecat034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Dave00pi

Ecat. First let me say thank you for purchasing the book, I am glad you enjoyed it. I think you left a review on Amazon as well, if so, thank you for your kindness. Chris is a breakout character- that is for sure, and steals the spotlight... I tried to show how he, like all boys, grows and matures in those early teen years, especially when other boys give us a little "attitude adjustment." Most aren't as extreme and don't involve blood sucking leaches, but it was done with a twisted love. As for the good boy, and his friend Joe the frog; just like throughout the whole story, I was trying to show how the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You hear it said often, but this is an example of how someone who is so kind, and sweet, can lose themselves along the way and the line between right and wrong can get blurry. I was trying to make the reader get sucked in and by the end of the story, pause and say "Hey, wait a second, I am rooting for the bad guys". I am so glad you enjoyed it, and the book is being released in print on Feb 1st. Check out the books Facebook page for any information. Thank you again.. you made my day. Dave
Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Dave00pi

Book is now available in print at Amazon.com- plus this weekend there is a discount code to get the e-book (any format) for just $3.99 on Smashwords. MobileRead forum members can Enter promo code QL75D at checkout. Thank for reading and hope you enjoy.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Dave00pi

Boys of the Great BB Gun War is available today for FREE for download to your Kindle (14 MAY 2012) Check it out at http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Great-Gun...8106858&sr=1-2