Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #1
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Annotation xml format

I copied the annotation -- .epub.annot -- file from my Kobo Aura H2O device.

It is in xml format, an annotation example is here:

<annotation>
<dc:identifier>urn:uuid:35330bcf-af11-43f4-8eb3-9e346a3472ef</dc:identifier>
<dc:date>2018-04-15T14:04:47Z</dc:date>
<target>
<fragment start="OEBPS/9781118087220c07.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/134/1:2)" end="OEBPS/9781118087220c07.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/134/1:100)" progress="0">
<text> advanced sales technique is for salespeople to overcome the objections posed by their prospects. </text>
</fragment>
</target>
<content>
<dc:date>2018-04-15T14:04:47Z</dc:date>
</content>
</annotation>

Where can I find a description for this xml format? Especially I am interested in understanding

<fragment
start="OEBPS/9781118087220c07.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/134/1:2)"
end="OEBPS/9781118087220c07.xhtml#point(/1/4/2/134/1:100)"
progress="0">
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Looks like EPUB Canonical Fragment Identifiers 1.1.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think it is the ePub CFI. It is what Adobe uses for their locations in ADE and the RMSDK. It might be what the ePub CFI is based on.

@Gergely: And it is the same format I described the other day. Kobo's epub reader is based on the Adobe RMSDK and uses these in the bookmark table for epubs and PDFs. I haven't found an official definition, but I also haven't looked very hard.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I thought annotation is in the database?
I have noticed that recently in Calibre, the annotation is now raw HTML instead of plain text. I don't know if a Calibre update or the 4.8 FW update has caused it. I now have to strip that, as it's of no use in my procedure to use annotations & edit my source while updating what I've done in the annotation text file.
I like how Calibre reads the annotation on a per book basis and how the Kobo has the % in chapter and source text highlighted. I find the annotation export poor on my Kindle DXG, apart from being awkward to create.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
They are in two places. This has been discussed to many times here including in the last few days.
Quote:
I have noticed that recently in Calibre, the annotation is now raw HTML instead of plain text. I don't know if a Calibre update or the 4.8 FW update has caused it. I now have to strip that, as it's of no use in my procedure to use annotations & edit my source while updating what I've done in the annotation text file.
And have you reported this problem somewhere so that someone can look at it and fix it? And of course, with enough details so they know what you are actually doing.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:26 AM   #6
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have found something:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...=205062&page=6

Quote:
/1 indicates the root element (<html...)
even numbers navigate through the elements. So 2 is the first child of the root (<head...), 4 is the second child of the root (<body...), /1/4/10/ is the 5th child of the body (usually the 5th paragraph or header).
: idicates the offset within the element.

However, I am not quite sure what odd numbers mean. They usually occur if the highlight starts at the beginning of the paragraph. So the position before the highlight is "between the paragraphs". But in case of /1/4/9:2 --> what's the second character of "between paragraph 4 and 5? Do you happen to know that, by chance?
Is this reasonable about even and odd numbers? I will write some python code to check this.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:49 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
I have found something:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...=205062&page=6

Is this reasonable about even and odd numbers? I will write some python code to check this.
Well, yes. As that is what I said the other day, and said in the following posts in that thread. It will be interesting to see what you produce.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:26 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
This has probably been fixed in calibre 3.27.0. Luckily your rather vague description of the problem reminded me of a problem in the Annotations plugin cause by a recent change in a library calibre uses. The change also affected the Fetch Annotations function. If it doesn't fix the problem, please report it in the calibre forum or open a bug report.

Tags
annotations, kobo, kobo aura h2o, xml