Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #31
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe the new Sort By will make it easier for you

see attachment - Sort By feature is also available in the Details view

BR

That looks great. I have a lot of columns and was thinking of equesting something like this, but might not have noticed it was there without your post.

A big Thank You to the developers.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #32
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
That looks great. I have a lot of columns and was thinking of equesting something like this, but might not have noticed it was there without your post.

A big Thank You to the developers.

Helen
It was added in 0.9.43, its in the release notes

Another change in that release was a much improved Cover Trim function, and Cover Trim was also added to Bulk Edit.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Oh, I likes this new version of calibre. I do, I do, I do.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #34
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Congratulations! And thank you!
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Thank you very much.
I love Calibre.
I've donated previously and will again.
How many of you have donated?
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Thank you very much! Thanks for the time and work you spend to make this great software better! We love you!

samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #37
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thank you very much for this new excellent Calibre version. You have done a great Job. I am absolutely thrilled. eBook management there with me only with Calibre. Today I have sent you a donation via PayPal again.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Thank you for Calibre.....and thank you for Calibre.

Glad to see you weren't seduced over to the Dark Side (American misspellings)........

Last edited by mXb; 08-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #39
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
Happy birthday - dear Calibre team: congratulations for the best ebook archiving system around. This is worth a donation !

If you look here: in the German eBook Reader Forum many people have sent you congratulations for Calibre's first birthday! Hope you will have a party today .
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #40
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
This is worth a donation...
It certainly is. Already chipped in
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Congratulation. I just love calibre.
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
Nsomniak6
Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
I love the upgrade so far! Thank you so much for this!!!
I will be chipping a donation at the beginning of next month.

Last edited by Nsomniak6; 08-24-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Adding a note.
Nsomniak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #43
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
AZW3 - new conversions (tag disappears under format column)

First off I have to say.. Kudos on this new version, I am loving how responsive it now is and how much quicker the search features load up. The new cover view grid is just amazing Great Work!! I don't think I could live without this program.

Secondly, I am noticing that when I convert a new book to AZW3, the book converts perfectly and as the "job" is in the process of converting to AZW3 the "tag" (for the lack of a better word) shows up instantly under the "format" column as one of the available formats. However once the "job" completes the "tag" no longer appears under the available formats for that book.

If I go to "view" the under the specific AZW3 format the book loads up, if I transfer the AZW3 format to my kindle, it transfers without a problem. SO I am assuming the conversion part of it works just fine. I again am assuming that it is just a problem with the displaying the AZW3 under the standard "format" column.

Oh btw all previously converted books still show the AZW3 tags in the format column

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

CRISSMAN

SOLUTION: Refreshing the Column (resorting by author) seemed to fix this and now the tags show up properly

Last edited by crissman; 08-24-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: adding information
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #44
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The 1.0 version is so much faster than any previous version! What an incredible update!
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #45
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@crissman: See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1215885
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote