Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Collections loaded from Calibre have "ms" icon next to them.

Hi,

I've been having a problem with the "ms" icon (I think it stands for memory stick, as the other option is "sd" or nothing) show up next to Collections on my Reader, even though I have no memory stick in my Reader and never have. All my books are on my device.

I think I only noticed this problem since the new firmware update and/or use of the Universal Flasher.. I'd been asking about it on the Sony Reader forum and someone just pointed out that it only happens with collections moved by Calibre, not by the Ebook Library. My Ebook Library is broken so I couldn't test it that way.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Hi,

I've been having a problem with the "ms" icon (I think it stands for memory stick, as the other option is "sd" or nothing) show up next to Collections on my Reader, even though I have no memory stick in my Reader and never have. All my books are on my device.

I think I only noticed this problem since the new firmware update and/or use of the Universal Flasher.. I'd been asking about it on the Sony Reader forum and someone just pointed out that it only happens with collections moved by Calibre, not by the Ebook Library. My Ebook Library is broken so I couldn't test it that way.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?
I have the same issue. Doesn't appear to affect functionality...
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
No ideas, Kovid? I notice that hard resets don't get rid of collection data.. I still have all my collections with <ms> icon and "No book" even after hard reset. When I delete the media.xml file the collections go away, but come back with ms icon when i reload books (after remaking the collections in calibre).. What is this?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can't duplicate this behavior on my reader, so it's ahrd for me to debug.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
It's happening on mine too.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have all of you used the universal flasher?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
universal flasher?
It's happening on mine, and all I've done is buy the 505 a couple of weeks ago, and update it to the latest firmware at about the same time.

Do you do the pagination caching that sony's ebook library does? If you do, it's no longer working, since opening a new book takes forever now for me.

Oh, and your changelog on the website is quite a bit behind.
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre doesn't do pagination.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only thing I've done is the official Sony firmware update
Old 08-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #10
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have, several times in fact, along with the official updater.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm odd, in any case since this doesn't affect functionality and I have too mnay other things on my plate, I'm relegating this to the back burner. Can somebody open a ticket and I'll look at it when I have a few spare moments.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
ttate90303
Enthusiast
ttate90303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Apple iPad 3, Kindle 3, Nook Simple Touch
Hey folks, I see the "ms" only on books that I have installed on a Memory Stick Pro Duo. If I eject the memory stick the files that had "ms" are no longer there.
ttate90303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
Riocaz

Yea that how it's supposed to be...

The reason we were querying the MS icon on our collections is because we don't have a memory stick in the device.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #14
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
same here: no memory stick, and the new icons definitely appeared after the new firmware update - it was the 1st thing I noticed, and was wondering what it could be...
but certainly does not affect usage in any way - I'm happy to keep them!

Pagination: never saw it done in calibre, but anyway opening books takes forever just the 1st time - and just if they're huge.
My only problem with it is that doing pagination of the NYTimes downloaded by calibre I always get a reset. But I can live with it, after resetting it loads it fine ...

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #15
treebilder
treebilder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Collections Empty Also

I have a PRC-505 w/ a 2gig SD card in it. I am using calibre 4.109 to transfer to the reader. All of my collections on the reader have the MS icon next to them. If I transfer to the reader, the collection exists but will be empty. If I transfer to the card, the collection will exist & will have the card in it.

If I transfer books to the main member that are not a member of a collection but have a tag associated such as fiction the fiction will show up as a collection but will be empty. If I transfer another book w/ fiction tag to the card, two collections for fiction will show up, the main memory one empty & the card one will have book on the card in it.

Note - 1] main memory collections/tags have the MD icon next to them; card collections/tags have the SD icon next to them
2] I have flashed the 505 using the sony ereader program to the most recent firmware

Matt

Last edited by treebilder; 11-29-2008 at 04:37 PM.
treebilder is offline   Reply With Quote