Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Looking for a way to access eBookwise Librarian on internet

Hi All! I have EBW Librarian at home and work, and so neither is ever completely complete.

I tried the simple thing first: I emailed my Librarian folder to my AOL account, thinking if I could store it there, then I could access it from anywhere. That did not work.

Has anyone got a better idea of how I can keep the Librarian in a single, central place that I can access from anywhere?

Thanks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, this might actually work. I can access Librarian via my AOL email, but it is connected somehow to the Librarian on my work desk. Changes made to either location show up on both Librarians. I won't know if it actually works until I go home and try it out with that Librarian.

If it does not work, then I can certainly re-build everything from scratch on the AOL version. I'll let you guys know if this turns out to be a good idea.
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
BUMP!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey,

I have a sort of answer for you. I don't know how to access librarian off the net, but like you I have multiple copies of librarian and would like to have one portable version I can take with me (this is true for several software programs I use). Normally you cannot simply download a software application onto a flash drive and have it work. My solution is a free downloadable software called Mojopac. It sets up folders in a portable device (I use a 1 GB flash drive) to mimic the ones in a Windows OS. This way you can actually download an application like the librarian onto the drive, and Mojo places all the files and drives in the correct places (like "program files" and such).

I just started using it this past week...and it works. Once the flash drive is loaded up, you plug it into your computer, activate the Mojo program on the flash drive, and the simulated Windows desktop is activated (it actually becomes your virtual "c drive" while it's active), from there you just activate the program you want (you can still go online and it will carry your "favorites" for you, and they will not go on the host computer permanately, it stays on the drive). When you exit out of the flash drive, you return to your regular system. There is lot more to it than that, I really suggest you either look at Mojopac's website, or simply google it to learn more about it. I believe there are a couple of other programs out there that are similiar, so you could shop around a little.

I'm not a techie (I don't write code, or undestand perl scripts, etc.) but I was able to download the program and make it work. I'm not sure if I have explained of this clearly, but googling it or wiki-ing it may help.

Denise
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
harrynewman
harrynewman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
One word: Dropbox

http://www.getdropbox.com

I have some invites if you like the look of it.
harrynewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrynewman View Post
One word: Dropbox

http://www.getdropbox.com

I have some invites if you like the look of it.
I'd love an invite if you have any left, that looks like it would be perfect for this!
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!

Me too, please. I didn't see this again until today.

So, I got eveything collected onto a single 2G flash drive, but like Spear said, I couldn't make the librarian software work from it. Instead, I re-directed all versions of the librarian on my various computers to use the books on the flash drive. It's not perfect, but at least I'm using the same data all the time.

I'd appreciate getting intro to the Dropbox thing. Sounds like just what we need. THANKS!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
Readalot
Readalot began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I'd love an invite if you have any left, that looks like it would be perfect for this!
Harry

I looked at the Dropbox website, signed up for their beta, but would love one of your invites if one is still available.

Warm regards
Readalot is offline   Reply With Quote