Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Question How to update an ebook on reader with calibre?

hiya, i've got over 200 fanfic stories on my SONY Touch Edition and have realized i can better organize each series through the tags. soooo, i REALLY don't want to delete all the stories from my reader and then reupload them to the reader just to add tags. does anyone know if it's possible to just add the tags to the book in calibre and then update from the program instead?

another thing is, i use fanfiction downloader to get my fanfiction to my ereader, but since some stories are still getting updated i was wondering if there was a way through calibre to save my bookmarks for the newer release of the stories?

and finally, i'll be moving my books to a larger flashdrive (or maybe just the desktop's hard drive), is there a way to do this without removing files from the reader or deleting the old directories of each book?
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
In answer to your first question only ...
  • Set up all the book tags you want in Calibre
  • Go to Prefs - Plugins - Device Interface - Sony - Customise and fill in the box labelled 'Comma separated list of metadata ...' so it defines which columns you want to use to create Sony Collections. The default is series, tags I believe.
  • Go to Prefs - Sending books to device and make sure the 'Metadata management' box is set to 'Automatic management'.
  • Next time you connect your Sony to Calibre all your books should be put into the Collections you've asked for. This includes creating new Collections and deleting old Collections which no longer contain any books. This Collection synching will happen every time you connect, so no resending of books should be necessary

Caveat: If you have been manually managing Collections directly on the reader, the above will overwrite them. So be sure this is what you want.

Hope this helps.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
would this effect bookmarks i've added through the ereader? and i've created collections via the tags and series. (though i did create "status" i think)

and will it put books back on the reader when i reconnect if i deleted them off the reader? i read the fanfics directly on the reader and if i don't care for it i just delete it (but haven't gotten around to removing them from calibre yet).
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
would this effect bookmarks i've added through the ereader?
I can't see why it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
and will it put books back on the reader when i reconnect if i deleted them off the reader?
It never has done for me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
NB . jackie's method is the only safe option.

deleting & resending books to reader will destroy bookmarks

resending books without deleting can cause page errors when you use the old bookmarks, if the newly sent book(s) are not identical to what was there before.

on the sony a "bookmark" is just a pointer to a particular file location so if that fine changes.....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
backup, fanfiction downloader, tags