Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
More on prices

It has always been tough to get good SciFi in South African bookshops and anything that was in a series was a dead loss as you would almost never find the entire sequence. Now I am like a pig on a strawberry farm and have bought Kevin J Anderson's The Saga of Seven Suns series. I am about to start book 3 so have bought and downloaded book 4 because you never know. The first 3 books were $5 each, the fourth $5 99 and the fifth is $16 99.

Now $5 for a book in South Africa is dirt cheap so I am by no means complaining and even $16 99 is a very good price. I am just curious about a few things. Is the slow increase in price a normal thing? Do older books usually go down in price? Anyone else familiar with this series and when will it wrap up? Is there a place where you can buy an entire series at a good price and does anyone have any recommendations for another series in this genre.

Thank you very much
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It sounds like the 5th books is in hardcover and the $16.99 price reflects this. It also sounds like you've been purchasing at MobiPocket's website. It you had gone to PaperbackDigital's site, you would have found all the books at a lower price. At MobiPocket's website you'll find their books are the most expensive for Mobi format.

http://www.paperbackdigital.com/t_mo...?s=3&c=3&tid=0

And if they don't have what you are looking for, chances are BooksOnBoard might.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh hell. Yes I went and looked and 20% cheaper at paperbackdigital. I have been purchasing at MobiPocket. I am not so fussed about a $ but over the series it works out at around $9. Oh well, I should have been paying more attention.

Thank you for that.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am happy to help. For your future ebook purchases, you'll be able to save money to buy even more ebooks.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Martin,

It's going to be a 7 book series - AFAIK only the first 5 are currently out. The eBook price should fall when the 5th book comes out in paperback - at the moment it's only available in HB, I believe.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 04:44 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But not always though. I've found ebooks that have HC pricing when the PB is out.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:01 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Thanks Harry. I have never read a 7 book series before. My wife is off to Australia for business this evening so lets see how much I read in the week she is away.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
at the moment it's only available in HB, I believe.
I also believe that's the case -- I've been watching for the PB to come out for some time. I find the story and premise intriguing, but Anderson's style is not all that pleasant to me, so I wait for the PB's.

I've been watching for it so that I can start bugging them about the price drop when it does come out, in hopes of reducing that lag that JSWolf mentioned.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Fictionwise also carries them at $4.99 ($4.24 club price), $5.95 ($5.06), and $16.99 ($14.44.) They also have single copy and subscriptions to Analog, Asimov's SF, and several other SF magazines. I tried a few of them and they read great on the Reader. Rather than renew my subscription to Analog I took an e-subscription for the next year. Now what to do with all of the bookcase shelf space that I will save....
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote