Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Tinah
Enthusiast
Tinah began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Mail being returned

I used the 'contact us' on Entourageedge.com and both emails I sent came back undeliverable. Has anyone else had problems contacting Entourageedge via email?
Tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Eeeep! No. First I've heard of this problem.

Have you tried calling?

I suppose it's possible that some connection got messed up (excuse the technical terminology ) when they cut out some of their website and services. I hope that's all it is . . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Tinah
Enthusiast

I had used the 'contact us' on bottom of the webpage and that is gone now. I guess they no longer use that, but still have the other links up so will try there. I had wanted to ask Entourage about warranty since I should have 1 year from date of purchase, so I asked TigerDirect (where I bought it) and their answer was I have 30 days to return it if I'm worried about it. Gee...that is giving me a lot of faith, doesn't it.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Yup - they've taken down their office address and phone number pages.

Looks like Support is now gone, leaving only the Knowledgebase and forums.

Your warranty is now officially void.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Tinah
Enthusiast

and i'm still waiting for UPS to deliver this device. This is nuts! lol
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
aleandre
aleandre began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Cybook Opus, iPad
Sorry to be the one to bring you the bad news :

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/23/e...portedly-disc/

They'll hopefully be able to stay in business, but 2012-2013 seems to be the year for eye-friendly tablets, if Amazon has its way (http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/23/a...dels-with-qua/)
aleandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Yup - they've taken down their office address and phone number pages.

Looks like Support is now gone, leaving only the Knowledgebase and forums.

Your warranty is now officially void.
They do still have a Tech Support contact option, through web email. I don't know that it's quite as dire as Boris suggests, just not as good as it was . . . again!

Boris, you haven't talked with anyone at enTourage about voiding warranties, have you? I thought Tech Support was with us for the "foreseeable future".

I do understand the bitterness -- I am more sad than I thought I'd be at the passing of this product line, and I came late to the game (February 2011). Boris has been a strong proponent since the beginning -- I can just imagine the disappointment.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

"void" in the sense that if there's no repair department there anymore then you can't get stuff repaired/replaced.

Perhaps they still have someone there part-time for now.

(I trust it's understood that a warranty is meaningless if the company is out of business )
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Try posting your issue here. Collectively Mobile Read members know litterally everything about everything.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Maybe there's hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
"void" in the sense that if there's no repair department there anymore then you can't get stuff repaired/replaced.

Perhaps they still have someone there part-time for now.

(I trust it's understood that a warranty is meaningless if the company is out of business )
It's not understood by me.

Sure, if the company is legally bankrupt, but I don't know that.

It has been said that the company plans to make a slate of some kind. If so, it most have some money. If it still exists, its agreements still exist.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
borisb
Addict

Lots of lawyers would be more than happy to bill you tens of thousands of dollars to sue enTourage, so I say, "Go for it!"
Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven1 View Post
It has been said that the company plans to make a slate of some kind. If so, it most have some money. If it still exists, its agreements still exist.
Depends on what is meant by "the company." In some industries, for legal and financial reasons, it's common to create a new company for each new endeavour. (I was told it's very common in the construction industry to create a new legal entity for each new build, because you don't want mistakes of one project coming back to bite a new project on the butt.)

It could be the exact same people, but if it's a new legal entity, there are no obligations.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
joie
joie began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
I posted a question about where to find the eDGe user group to tech support on May 24 and got this answer back the next day:

Subject: [SUPPORT #WNX-654493]: user groups
Date: May 25, 2011 2:40:31 PM MDT
To: joie@blahblahblah.com
Reply-To: techsupport@entourageedge.com

Joie,

Thank you for contacting enTourage System Customer Support and thank you for providing us your correct email. Here is the link for the Community Forums: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/

If there is anything else we can help you with, please call our Technical Support Hotline at 1-866-639-0080 (available daily from 9AM to 9 PM EST). Please visit our website at www.entourageedge.com to access our online Support Center for answers to our most frequently asked questions, or browse our large selection of e-books, e-textbooks, music and apps.

Thank you for choosing Entourage Systems and have a nice day.

Larrie,
enTourage System Customer Support

Help Request Details
===================
Help request ID: WNX-654493
Department: Tech Support
Priority: Public
joie is offline   Reply With Quote