Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx I86 HDML Plus, PB626_2, Entourage Pocket Edge, LGGPad, LGG2
How to format a SD-card for I86HDML Plus?

Hello,

I have a 32GB (SDHC Class 10) in my Onyx Boox what contents nearly 8000 PDF Books.
The SD-card is formatted with Fat32 in WIN10. The PDF-books I have stored onto the card when the SD-card was inserted in the Boox and this device was connected with an USB-cable to the PC.

Unfortunately each time, I switch-on the Boox, the message appears "SD-Card - Checking for errors" what needs half an hour to get finally access to my reader.

If I open the Bibliothek after that waiting time, it scans all books the reader contents in the internal memory (other formats) as well as in the SD-card(all PDF that I own), what are 12500 Books over all. This needs 15 to 20mins more.
Then "Loading" is displayed, what needs more useless time.

When I select "Storage" it scanns also all books - same, if I open the Bibliothek again. Each time, I open one of this both, I have this waiting time.

How to avoid this timeconsuming steps?

Is there a way to format the SD-Card directly in the Boox - perhaps something went wrong when formatting this via USB?

Happy easter @all

Last edited by VWeed; 03-27-2016 at 02:19 PM.
VWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Did you shutdown the device. If not the file system could be flagged as 'dirty'.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Thanks for your help.

Yes of course, I did.
Every time, I switch off my Boox and switch it on again, the SD-Card will be searched for errors unfortunately.
If I send it to sleep-mode and wake it up from standby, everything will be fine - no search for errors.
So I may not switch my boox off, if I want to use it directly after Display-On.
And I may not switch between Bibliothek and Filesystem (the lower both left icons in the overview-screen) to avoid long waiting time.

When I insert this card into an external card-Reader and let my Windows check for errors no problems will be detected.

What is the correct way to use a SD-Card in the Boox?
Formatting the card inserted in the device (how?) or with external card-reader?
Store Books onto the card if the card is inserted into the reader with USB or store books onto card with a external card-reader?
Tried both - same result.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suggest to upgrade to the latest firmware version. If you already have write a bug report. I can say that I don't have the problem on my device.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Thanks for your help. :-)

I have Android 4.0.4 with Kernel 3.0.35 and Build-Number 2015-12-15_17-49_1.7.4_rc1_f632bad
as actual version on my device (with german language).
No updates availiable, the device says, if checking for updates.

Where I can write a bug-report to?

How did you formatted your SD-card and stored the files onto it?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWeed View Post
Thanks for your help. :-)

I have Android 4.0.4 with Kernel 3.0.35 and Build-Number 2015-12-15_17-49_1.7.4_rc1_f632bad
as actual version on my device (with german language).
No updates availiable, the device says, if checking for updates.

Where I can write a bug-report to?

How did you formatted your SD-card and stored the files onto it?
I use a 64 GByte sdcard with formatted fat32. You cannot format it to FAT32 for >= 64 GByte with Windows tools you have to use Linux or some custom tools. There are already some threads about sdcards bigger than 32 GByte.

I have the latest firmware from booxtor (ereader-store.de).
Old 03-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

My SD-card just have 32GB.
Unfortunately I am not able to boot my Boox into "download" mode for updating the Android. Have downloaded the files for Update and RollDown as long as they were downloadable.
Seems I am too blond for.
I switch off the boox, connect it with USB-cable to my WIN10-Computer, press Up/Down/Power same time for three seconds and a blue light appears in the power-Switch. Then I release the three buttons and the boox boots up and ask for using as USB-storage.
Anyhow if I select "Yes" or "No", the MFGTool2 doessn't find the Boox.
Same when trying ADB-Tool. This won't find my Boox also.
What did I wrong.

Last edited by VWeed; 03-28-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
What happen if you use a card-reader under Windows (10 or try 7) ?

For me, the card was used normally by the M92 (Linux), but not by Windows. I've checked the card under Windows. Linux is more tolerant sometimes.

When you say "formated with Windows 10", it's with a card reader ?

You can try to see if there is a problem with your card under Linux or backup all your datas before to try something that can modify the filesystem. You can try an live Debian (https://www.debian.org/CD/live/) to check or backup the card. You can backup on a USB key.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #9
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Hello,
meanwhile I got the Update 4.4.4 onto my Boox.
When using a clean install of Win10, the Boox was recognised as MTP-Device.
With my usual used Win10 the Boox appeared just as a USB-Decice with two different Drive-letters (one for internal, the other for SD-Card). Thought, this will be normal state.
With using the clean install of Win10 the Update with MFG-Tool2 has worked perfekt.
So in moment, I store all my books back to the Boox (2 hours left) and then I'll try, how it works with my SD-Card and the new operating system and will give you the state about.
Thanks for your help!