Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Lake, Steven: The Oort Perimeter. v2. 11 Apr 2010

Here you go. This is book 1 of my Earthfleet series called "The Oort Perimeter". If you like it, consider heading over to my site and leaving a small tip. Thanks.

Also, feedback is more than welcome. Sorry it took so long to make this available, but I only recently got my books converted to epub.

EDIT: Updated 2010-06-14
Old version 186 views.
Reason for replacement: Fixed encoding and formatting issues with original version.

EDIT: Added a feedback form to my website so you guys can comment anonymously on how you like my books.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Earthfleet_-_Book_1_-_The_Oort_Perimeter_-_Steven_Lake.zip (245.5 KB, 1055 views)

Last edited by Steven Lake; 07-16-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Looks good, Steven. Thanks!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Hello Steven! The book looks good and I plan on reading it.
Are all the other books in the Bitter Cycles of Man available in ebook format?
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You MUST follow the correct format for the thread title when uploading a book. If you do not do so, the book will not be correctly indexed. Please look at all the other threads to see how it's done:

author surname, firstname: title. version. upload date

I've changed this one for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tulsa, yes, those are coming. It's just taking me a bit to make them all available.

HarryT, thanks. ^_^;;
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Downloaded, Looks good Steve, In a very big TRL, But will get to it, and review it .... EVENTUALLY,

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Hi Steven,

for the possibility to have a look at your book here

I just had a quick go at the first pages with the "EPUBReader" extension for firefox here on my desktop and found it displayed dialogue like this:

Quote:
“What is your message today prophet? Why have you called this meeting?†asked one of the monks in a deep, solemn voice.

“A great danger arises from within our midst,†said the monk in the green cloak, his voice deep and menacing.

“What kind of danger?†asked another.
Had not seen that with other international ePubs on this extension. Seems something of a conversion misfortune? Or is it just something on my box / in the current version of EPUBReader (1.2.8.1)?

Regards

beachwanderer

Last edited by beachwanderer; 04-13-2010 at 07:38 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post
Hi Steven,

for the possibility to have a look at your book here

I just had a quick go at the first pages with the "epubreader" extension for firefox here on my desktop and found it displayed dialogue like this:

Had not seen that with other ePubs on this extension. Seems something of a conversion misfortune? Or is it just something on my box?

Regards

beachwanderer
Looks fine in the Calibre viewer.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Thanks guys. Oh, and don't forget to give me your 2c on the book when you're done.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
Hm . Must be the EPUBReader Extension then. Thanks for the info!
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #11
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Many thanks Steven!

Hope to see the other books in the series made available for purchase in Australia.

Cheers

Mike
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #12
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
It displays fine in FBReader as well, but not in Sigil. Looks like it gets displayed in your default encoding and not as UTF-8; if I open the HTML directly in Firefox it looks wrong the same way as in EPUBReader and Sigil (and is displayed with Windows-1252 encoding according to FF) and when I then force UTF-8 encoding it looks like it should.

Don't ask me what to actually *do* about it, though :-)
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Sabredog, all of my ebooks will be available through the www.MyEZread.com Astak bookstore. They're not up yet, but they will be very soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Wow, I was going around looking at the print version of this novel, the 1.0 version if you will that I did with Amazon before dumping them and going with my present publisher. (PS, NEVER publish with Amazon. They're idiots.) Since they only did a limited number of copies, 207 to be exact, that handful of novels has already started to become valuable. I've already been seeing copies of it going for anywhere between $99 and $165! I kid you not! That blew my mind that someone as unknown as I am could already have a limited edition run of his book become that valuable. It makes me wonder what they will be worth once I am famous. Anywho, just thought I'd toss that out there as a little aside.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #15
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Sabredog, all of my ebooks will be available through the www.MyEZread.com Astak bookstore. They're not up yet, but they will be very soon.
Thanks Steven. Will keep an eye out for them
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote