Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Over 11,000 free ebooks from The Book Depository

From http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/free :

(to access the free ebooks, go here: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/deal...s/promo/id/100, thanks Wenn!)

Quote:
Why are we doing this?
It's a great way to discover lots of great ebooks (many of which are strange and obscure like, A Honeymoon in Space) with no risk. And, who knows, if you like it you may even want to buy a physical copy!

eBook FAQs

How do I see all the titles available to download?
The relevant download is shown on the product page of the physical book. We've also grouped all the Dodo Press titles with downloads in the link at the bottom of this page. From this page you can browse through categories and add key search words. Don't forget you need to click through to the product pages, though, as they're all 'real books' too.

Do I need to checkout with the book I want?
No. All you need to do is click on the 'Download free eBook PDF' button. If you haven't got Adobe Reader, you'll find it here http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ (so you can read the book on your PC).

Can I link to the download on my blog?
Not directly to the download, but you're very welcome to link to the full product details page or to this page.

Are you going to send me marketing if I do this?
No, we're not asking for any personal details. However, if you want to hear about offers like this in future you might want to sign up for our newsletter

Any hidden costs?
No.

Are you going to start selling ebooks too at some point?
Yes – watch this space (or sign up for our newsletter).

Last edited by anurag; 11-18-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added direct link to free ebooks
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
There may be 11,000 free ebooks, but they're as hard as hell to find.

This is a site that is attempting to sell ebooks - nothing wrong with that; but finding these free PDF books is a pain.

Thanks to anurag for pointing out this site, but MobileRead members may be spinning their wheels in frustration trying to locate these free PDF files.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Advanced search with publisher "Dodo" gives a high chance of finding them, through returning some extras as well (such as calendars).
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
I believe I found the main entry page to their free PDF ebooks here:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/deal...lers&promo=100

There's a menu list of various subjects on the left side. If you select a certain subject, the new page will then give further sub-headings in a new menu (again on the left side) that you can select.

Does anyone know: are these all public domain works that are being offered?
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenn View Post
I believe I found the main entry page to their free PDF ebooks ...
Does anyone know: are these all public domain works that are being offered?
Wenn and Anurag!

I haven't spotted any non-PD books.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
There a few interesting books here that I have not come across anywhere else, all PD as said but still good.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote