Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thank you all, for the kind words.

You should not need to do anythong special to upgrade, no need to uninstall 0.5, your old library should be detected an upgraded automatically.

@mgrunk: Under Structure Detection in the conversion options, select the option that reads "Insert metadata as page at start of book" this will insert the comments and other fields into the start of the book (after the cover).

@SteveK: You can't setup profiles for two readers, but the SONY reader and the iPhone both use the epub format, so you should be able to use both seamlessly with calibre.

@FizzyWater: Strange, try a reboot?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
Ah spoken like a true developer.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #18
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Kovid, for people like me with multiple readers, can I choose both the Kindle and PRS-505 in my initial set-up?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #19
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ---
whooohoooo, cool.
that was a piece of work!
akwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #20
tonyofla
Enthusiast
tonyofla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I get "bad end of central directory record" error when I try to install Calibre on Vista, been getting this on for a number of versions so won't install. I've re downloaded several times but still same problem. It installs without any problem on my mac book. I used to be able to run it on my Vista desktop until this error message blocking installation came up. Congrats on version 0.6.0!
tonyofla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #21
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Tried that. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Finally had to uninstall and go back to 0.5.14.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:46 AM   #22
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
Thanks! Great updates to a much needed app.
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #23
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Great grand tour Kovid, nice to hear your voice at last
Great work on calibre, love that auto convert feature!
Erm.. bad news..
Quote:
Extracting files to /opt/calibre ...
Extracting application files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/init.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/linux.py", line 8, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 11, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 339, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtWebKit.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: libphonon.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Last edited by AprilHare; 07-25-2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: moar details
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #24
idum
idum began at the beginning.

Device: HTC
Thanks for this release.
I've used calibre with the actually dead sony prs700.
I use actually a windows mobile smartphone as reader , it is possible to have in future some sort of compatibility?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by idum; 07-25-2009 at 05:03 AM.
idum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #25
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Un grand bravo et merci beaucoup.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #26
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Thank you, very nice!

And... I want your Biggles books hehehe....
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #27
bjornsm
bjornsm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks a lot!

Installing went well.
bjornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
holy cow, this looks great ! thank you so much kovid and all the devs who work on calibre, this is really a brilliant app. and adding the metadata in a "jacket page" has made me extra extra extra happy.

bravo !!!

karma to you, kovid.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #29
pampalini
Enthusiast
pampalini began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505 & PRS600 aka Touch Edition
Well, i will get it immediatelly!!
great work...as usual...
kudos to kovi!
pampalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #30
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

Wow!
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote