Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
bomi
bomi began at the beginning.

Device: none
I need help trying to find an epub reader.

I used to have an epub reader for PC that let you make annotations and highlights, and to scroll the epub by pages, not by lines. The interface looked very much like this version of foxit reader, but it seemed older and with a lighter shade of blue.

I tried downloading older versions of foxit reader but none of them work with epubs.

Anyone knows the name of the reader?

Thanks.
bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Lucidor

I recommend this one https://lucidor.org/lucidor/
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
bomi

Thanks for the recommendation but it wasn't what I'm looking for.

I can't believe I can't find the old reader, I've spent hours searching. Another clue: the reader saves the annotations in a .fdm file with the same name as the book.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why did you not save the install file?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why did you not save the install file?
Jon, does it really matter why? He/She is here is asking for help finding it. If you can help, great. Otherwise those kinds of questions are useless...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its the sort of question that asked will get the OP to think of keeping software installers.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:10 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Might it have been Sumatra - although I'm not sure it does annotations

The latest version of Edge (from Windows 10 Fall Creators Update * ) is said to support annotating of ePUB's. Haven't seen it in action, but here's a blurb ==>> How to annotate EPUB files in Microsoft Edge

BR

* - does that mean it falls over a lot when you create something
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is a list in our wiki of Windows based eReaders. It may contain the one you are looking for. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-b...ftware#Windows

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
bomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a list in our wiki of Windows based eReaders. It may contain the one you are looking for. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-b...ftware#Windows

Dale
This is very strange, I searched in Google some more and went through all this list and still couldn't find it. I also find it strange that there's no epub reader that treats the file like some of the popular pdf readers does (highlights, annotations, divided by pages, etc). I think I'm going to use Icecream Ebook Reader for now.

Thanks for the help. I'm definitely doing a backup of the installer if I ever find the program.

Last edited by bomi; 10-27-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe Readium - it runs as a Chrome browser add-in.

BR
Old 10-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe Readium - it runs as a Chrome browser add-in.

BR
No! That means having to install Chrome and just NO!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:56 AM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No! That means having to install Chrome and just NO!
Dry up dude.

Almost 60% of browser users would disagree with this particular JSWolf [deleted - MODERATOR] prejudice. Dylan's words spring to mind:

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

BR

BTW I'm no fan of Chrome, or any other browser - IMO they're all bowls of stale blancmange, only difference is some are pink, other's green, some blue...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-28-2017 at 09:26 AM.